• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gifted a Casa Fuente

KenM10759

My son-in-law brought one back from LV for me, and it seems beautiful. He says it's a Fuente Fuente Opus X in a Cameroon wrapper.

True? If so, this should be one very enjoyable cigar! I like a lot of Padrons (OK, all of 'em!), and smoke a lot of Nicaraguan cigars with Maduro warappers. Going back a few years, have also always enjoyed many cigars from Republica de Dominicana that are Cameroon wraps. That includes a wide selection of Partagas, Henry Clay, and H. Upmann sticks.

Anyone know what I should expect from this one?

My son-in-law brought one back from LV for me, and it seems beautiful. He says it's a Fuente Fuente Opus X in a Cameroon wrapper.

True? If so, this should be one very enjoyable cigar! I like a lot of Padrons (OK, all of 'em!), and smoke a lot of Nicaraguan cigars with Maduro warappers. Going back a few years, have also always enjoyed many cigars from Republica de Dominicana that are Cameroon wraps. That includes a wide selection of Partagas, Henry Clay, and H. Upmann sticks.

Opus X cigars are stronger than most, so just make sure you have a nice full belly before smoking. Other than that, it is a unique, beautiful cigar with an array of complex flavor to offer you. Beware, once you smoke an Opus X, you start your journey down a deep and dark hole, to which there is no end. You will search high and low for Opus, and take numerous and repeated hits to your wallet in the process..... :D Good luck and enjoy your first Opus experience!! :thumbs:

~Billy

Nice gift Ken! He is definitely "sucking up." :whistling:

You should expect a wonderful smoke. Strong & spicy. Not strong as in overpowering, maybe I should say full bodied; beautiful blue smoke. Flavors are more elegant thant in your face, but the spice is there, especially on the end. Not something you want to smoke on an empty stomach or after a long stretch of not smoking. Try with a subtle scotch or light Bourbon or Rum. If I remember correctly this should be a relaxing 45 - 75 min smoke. You'll enjoy this very much under the right circumstances; not something to be squeezed into the end of the day or out in the yard (kinda like reading Nabokov or Voltaire). :) ENJOY! Write a review as several others have done. ;)

Had my first CF, the torpedo, with a buddy back in April. They had been setting in my humidor since last September. They were great!

Don't remember them being real strong, but we were driking rum and had ate a big meal of burgers and all the fixins'.