• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gillette Fusion

Razorback

Migratory Coconut
Has everyone seen this thing? :0 Look
Isn't it starting to get a bit ridiculous? This thing has five blades on the front and then a sixth on the back for "precision trimming". Where will it stop? Are we going to have a razor with 15 blades on it? I'm sure I'll end up buying one next time I go to Wal-Mart but hell, I bet the replacement blades cost $12 for a four pack.

Nick

It's an SNL commercial come alive.

Hell, with 15 blades on one, I could shave my head in 1/5th the time!! :laugh:

Was that an SNL skit? I saw something like that on TV. It took off layers of skin after the first couple of blades.

AVB said:
[snapback]286082[/snapback]​

That was the first thing I thought of! :laugh:

Shibumi said:
Was that an SNL skit? I saw something like that on TV. It took off layers of skin after the first couple of blades.
[snapback]286093[/snapback]​

Don't remeber to well, just remeber 5 blades, I'm sure a video is online somewhere.

yeah SNL or MAD TV did something like the Mach 21 a while back, funny funny skit

I gave up with the Mach 3 last year (too expensive and crappy) and went old school. Started shaving with the old double edge razors.

01463.jpg

My shaves have been awesome at a fraction of the price. I buy my blades off ebay in bulk, usually a 100 for $15 and each blade lasts a week. I heard the new fusion blades cost $4 a piece. :angry2:

I picked up a fusion out of curiosity, esp since I am always a hard shave. I was severely disappointed! It is no better than a Mach 3. I did like the trimming blade, but didn't really have much use for it. It's a nifty gadget that is not worth the money they want. It's a simple problem of diminishing returns - as each company tries to one-up the others (3 blades, 4 blades, now 5 blades) the added quality decreases to the point of futility.

Try it if you like, but my experience says it isn't worth the time or money.

-K-

How many blades is enough? I also laughed when I saw this commercial.

I wished I worked for the research and development labs of Gillette. I could wow them all with my visionary 15-blade razor. I mean why trump the competition 1 blade a at time? Raise the bar.

I like my powered Mac 3. The powered ones make a difference. To tell you the truth though I use my electric shaver 95% of the time. They do a pretty damn good job these days, throw some electrical on and its almost the same as blades.

Zeebra said:
I wished I worked for the research and development labs of Gillette. I could wow them all with my visionary 15-blade razor. I mean why trump the competition 1 blade a at time? Raise the bar.
[snapback]286204[/snapback]​

Because they can make more money this way!! :cool:

I gave up on the razor 2 years ago. Baught one of them braun self cleaning shavers, best investment of my life.

Got tired of shaving every day though, and eventually gave up all together, bout right after my wedding. Now I just use it to maintain a clean beard. Don't ever have to shave anymore, best move ever.

Saw the add for the Fusion during the Super Bowl. Got "bombed" with one by Gilette day before yesterday. :thumbs:

Castaway said:
Saw the add for the Fusion during the Super Bowl. Got "bombed" with one by Gilette day before yesterday. :thumbs:
[snapback]286216[/snapback]​

Just got mine from gillette yesterday. Used it this morning. Don't see the big deal. Feels just like the Mach3. The single blade was useful. But it sure doesn't make it worth it.

AVB said:
[snapback]286082[/snapback]​

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the ad for this thing a few days ago. :laugh:

I still use a straight razor, mug, shaving soap, brush though...use the straight razor even on my head.

ive been using the mach 3 turbo for about a year. It is really good quality(all metal) but i still have to shave after with my braun electric shaver. It really is getting rediculeus but hey, "they gotta do what they gotta do".
Bryan