• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving them Away (Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be a newbie if...Just kidding.

HT73 and Frush, great show! I will check on the runner up and edit this post.

I don't wanna start flammin, so I will say thxs to the BOTLs for watchin my back. I'm sure that more than one person has learned from this thread.

Thxs for entering my first contest! I'm sure there will be more in the future.

Thxs again, BBS Cigarsarge TDog (It would not have been as fun without you!)

Rod, nice Bann!

Runner-up chrls67!

As a newbie myself, all I can say is "read more, post less" as I shake my head in disbelief. Seriously, it's threads like these that make me embarassed to be a newbie. This place is a great source of knowledge if you just listen and learn.

Instead of taking his lumps and moving on, Mindflux wants to argue every point to the "T". He is obviously not here to enjoy the comraderie between BOTL's. He just wants to argue. I suggest we lock this one up as it is just playing into his hand. If he wants to continue after locking the thread, perhaps he can join his buddy on he outside looking in.

Emo

Mindflux and I discussed the situation in the chatroom privately. Everything on my end is worked out with him. The community will have to make up its mind now.

Congrats to the winners and thumbs up to cletus for having this contest. :thumbs:

Mindflux, this is nothing personal at all - seriously.

You don't "Get it", and you don't get to say whether or not you do (nor do I, nor does any other newbie - only a FOG of this) board, or a BOTL that's already gotten it, gets to say if you get it or not). Not saying you won't get it, but these 6 pages shows you don't know what "It" is just yet. It's not meant as an insult at all - stick around and you'll understand what "It" is soon enough, and why it's so important around here.

No one is saying you can't have an opinion, but the structure of the rules was intended for a specific reason that most people understood (and being around here a while shows why it's needed). The problem was with the way you worded your initial response. Textually speaking, as you so correctly put it in one of your posts, you appeared to come off way too strong on something you really had no business commenting on - especially when you consider that the people reading it only have the words to go on without being able to judge the intent. Without knowing anything else, the 'joke' comment is easy to interpret as coming from a sore loser disgusted that he didn't have a fair shot, regardless of how it was actually meant.

Like I said, this is nothing personal nor meant to be an attack in any way. Take yourself out of the context and read what everyone has said and realize what the intent was (even if some seemed sarcastic or defensively confrontational). You are not going to find a better or more generous bunch of people, and as you've seen here a bunch who look out for each other as close as these guys. Just ask Wurn what it's like to get overly defensive or insulted when established members are offering solid advice ;)

Welcome aboard, and don't worry about the bumps as you get situated :)

emodx said:
Instead of taking his lumps and moving on, Mindflux wants to argue every point to the "T". He is obviously not here to enjoy the comraderie between BOTL's. He just wants to argue. I suggest we lock this one up as it is just playing into his hand. If he wants to continue after locking the thread, perhaps he can join his buddy on he outside looking in.

Emo
[snapback]265302[/snapback]​

What emo said. :thumbs:

Lock it up folks. I'm attempting to make amends with tdog and cigarsarge, specifically.

-R

Mindflux said:
bchem said:
I'd be happy to host a contest for you old guys...as long as you promise to bitch about the rules when you don't win! :laugh:
[snapback]265238[/snapback]​

ORRRRRRR. Make rules that aren't absurd.
[snapback]265240[/snapback]​

Mindflux, you'd be better served just to stop posting at this point. I have a lot of tolerance for newbie mistakes but you're pushing all the wrong buttons, with a lot of good BOTLs.

Rules are rules, if he said only people with 1 post, wearing a dress with combat boots can enter it doesn't matter. It's his rule. If he said he was sending them to you, would you complain? What would you say if someone said thats not fair? There is no "Official" rule when he's giving away "his" cigars.

I won a contest a while back and the prize went to someone else. I didn't argue about it, nothing GOOD would come of that, so I dropped it and moved on. This site is not about "what can I get free". It's generosity and being happy for the winners. You say, Oh well maybe next time I'll win. What you should do right now is PIF, instead of waiting for it to hit you.

Mindflux said:
Lock it up folks. I'm attempting to make amends with tdog and cigarsarge, specifically.

-R
[snapback]265315[/snapback]​

I think an apology to the board, or at the VERY least, to cletus, is in order. Maybe you are heading down the right track. I hope so. If that is the case, this will all blow over, and you will see what a "gem" you have found as far as cigar BB's are concerned. Once you see what we're all about here, you will be glad you have made amends. Good luck and enjoy your stay here at CP. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.