• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving them Away (Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty damned arrogant to show up as a new guy and tell us what the rules are that we have to follow to give away our own cigars. If you want to "fit in" and actually contribute to the greater good of this board, you're off to a lousy start.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:
Mindflux...You sound like a spoiled little baby. If you don't like the way the rules were written...TOUGH. If you don't like the way the contest ended...TOUGH.

One thing for sure, I would not give you the time of day or any of my cigars. You are just one of the many who think they know beter than establshed members.

One last word for you....STFU before you lose any more credibility.
[snapback]265062[/snapback]​

Talk about losing credibility, flame boy. For what it's worth the contest ended the way the originator intended. Show me where I bitched about how the contest ended? I'm griping about how the rules were written, which is my right.. like it or not.

Don't get all butt-hurt because someone goes against the grains.

:rolleyes:

Mind you I never said I knew better, I said I thought the rules were written poorly. Perhaps you should spend less time assuming things and more time reading the rest of the posts.
[snapback]265082[/snapback]​

Sir...You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less. You obviously think you should have won and got some feeebies. Why else would you care?

Now the personal attack on me...Calling me "Flame Boy". You obivously don't know much about me. You obviously don't know much about being a BOTL. My reputation stands on it's own. Your reputation stands on quicksand.

Take your griping back to the playground. Ride the see-saw and relax. You are well on your way to being finished.
[snapback]265083[/snapback]​

I'm not so sure your reputation stands on it's own if you get all butt-hurt when someone disagrees with you. That's fine. As far as my reputation.. that's not why I join forums. I join them to learn about the things I'm interested in, not to make a pile of long distance buddies.
[snapback]265094[/snapback]​

You ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance. You have alot to learn.

This is a place where friends are made. I have made good friendships here. I regularly talk by phone, meet, and smoke with several people on this board.

You do not have a clue.

Not a single one.

BlindedByScience said:
I think it's pretty damned arrogant to show up as a new guy and tell us what the rules are that we have to follow to give away our own cigars. If you want to "fit in" and actually contribute to the greater good of this board, you're off to a lousy start.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.
[snapback]265101[/snapback]​

Where did I say what rules had to be followed? I just said I didnt' agree with the contest rules, I didn't say to change them. I just said I disagreed.

I'm still not seeing examples from sarge or you regarding where I said you had to follow any rules but your own. Go ahead and show me. I said if this was a contest for newbies the rules could easily stipulate under 100 posts or under xyz days on the forum.. it's called a recommendation. Something nobody has to listen to, or someone CAN listen to if they want.

You guys are pretty wound up about this.. where's your xmas cheer?

I think part of the problem is how things come off textually, personally. It's all good though. I'm done with this thread.

***Edited because some things can be misconstrued textually. That is not my intention.

cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:
Mindflux...You sound like a spoiled little baby. If you don't like the way the rules were written...TOUGH. If you don't like the way the contest ended...TOUGH.

One thing for sure, I would not give you the time of day or any of my cigars. You are just one of the many who think they know beter than establshed members.

Talk about losing credibility, flame boy. For what it's worth the contest ended the way the originator intended. Show me where I bitched about how the contest ended? I'm griping about how the rules were written, which is my right.. like it or not.

Mind you I never said I knew better, I said I thought the rules were written poorly. Perhaps you should spend less time assuming things and more time reading the rest of the posts.

Sir...You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less. You obviously think you should have won and got some feeebies. Why else would you care?

Now the personal attack on me...Calling me "Flame Boy". You obivously don't know much about me. You obviously don't know much about being a BOTL. My reputation stands on it's own. Your reputation stands on quicksand.

Take your griping back to the playground. Ride the see-saw and relax. You are well on your way to being finished.

I'm not so sure your reputation stands on it's own if you get all butt-hurt when someone disagrees with you. That's fine. As far as my reputation.. that's not why I join forums. I join them to learn about the things I'm interested in, not to make a pile of long distance buddies.
[snapback]265094[/snapback]​

You ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance. You have alot to learn.

This is a place where friends are made. I have made good friendships here. I regularly talk by phone, meet, and smoke with several people on this board.

You do not have a clue.

Not a single one.
[snapback]265102[/snapback]​

Oh snap, you sure showed me!
:whistling:

Guys - probably worth mentioning that Cletus PM'd me and said he'd been a little under the weather the last day or so; this is why things have been a little slow on the end here. No worries - as soon as Cletus lets us know who gets what, I'll get my gars in the mail to the lucky new guy..... :thumbs:

Thanks to Cletus for the great idea, to the other guys that kicked in, and the new guys that entered...!!!

Cheers - B.B.S.

Oh yeah.

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS

Maybe if I had said that initially this wouldn't have blown out of proportion.

Good stuff. :)

cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:

Did I read that right? Did you get mad at him calling you "flame boy", after you said he sounded like a "spoiled little baby?" Wow....hypocrite much?

Fluxy isnt a troll, he runs his own forum for VW's a passion of his, and understands what trolling is and respects other peoples forum.

No where did he say "I know better then established members", "I should be given free sticks", "I dont like the way this contest ended".

He merely pointed out that this was intended to be a contest for newbies, and he was a newbie, and felt it unfair that he was inneligible. Lighten up.

And for what its worth, I have known him for several years, and he is a tremendously helpful, patient, giving person.

Not that you care.

He didnt ask for anything other then an OPPURTUNITY to enter...NOT THE WINNINGS THEMSELVES.

Seriously, learn to read Mr. My Reputation Stands On Its Own.

A lot of people here could have handled the situation a lot more diplomatically, but instead you chose to jump to conclusions, put words in someones mouth, and bash someone who just wanted a chance to win a smoke during the holiday season.

Mindflux is a tremendous BOTL, and friend in general. Please dont judge him if you dont know him.

Oh, and since it is going to be ASSUMED that since I only had 1 post when that was typed, that me and fluxy are one in the same, contact the admin and have him ping the IPs we posted from. His will come up Texas, Mine will come up Dirty Jersey.

And if thats not enough, come to clubstogie where we both are members and see for yourself that we are 2 different people,....and if thats not enough for Sarge,...go to my websites www.lanceudasco.com and www.phillycomicsforum.com and see that im philly based, and go to www.dubdriver.com and see that fluxy is texas based.

Im merely being proactive since I know this will come up.

Lance said:
cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:

Did I read that right? Did you get mad at him calling you "flame boy", after you said he sounded like a "spoiled little baby?" Wow....hypocrite much?

Fluxy isnt a troll, he runs his own forum for VW's a passion of his, and understands what trolling is and respects other peoples forum.

No where did he say "I know better then established members", "I should be given free sticks", "I dont like the way this contest ended".

He merely pointed out that this was intended to be a contest for newbies, and he was a newbie, and felt it unfair that he was inneligible. Lighten up.

And for what its worth, I have known him for several years, and he is a tremendously helpful, patient, giving person.

Not that you care.

He didnt ask for anything other then an OPPURTUNITY to enter...NOT THE WINNINGS THEMSELVES.

A lot of people here could have handled the situation a lot more diplomatically, but instead you chose to jump to conclusions, put words in someones mouth, and bash someone who just wanted a chance to win a smoke during the holiday season.

Mindflux is a tremendous BOTL, and friend in general. Please dont judge him if you dont know him.
[snapback]265125[/snapback]​

Just so you'll know Lance...I don't give a crap about what you or Mindflux have to say. Your friend opened himself to what was said. You and him have no reputation here. He has a bad case of sour grapes. He also seems not to be able to fight his own battles. You need to mind your own business. He sent me a pm and I was gonna lay off. You came along just to throw gas on the fire.

As far as Club Stogie goes...That place don't hold a candle to this one. Go back home.

cigarsarge said:
Lance said:
cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:

Not that you care.

[snapback]265125[/snapback]​

Just so you'll know Lance...I don't give a crap about what you or Mindflux have to say. Your friend opened himself to what was said. You and him have no reputation here. He has a bad case of sour grapes. He also seems not to be able to fight his own battles. You need to mind your own business. He sent me a pm and I was gonna lay off. You came along just to throw gas on the fire.

As far as Club Stogie goes...That place don't hold a candle to this one. Go back home.
[snapback]265136[/snapback]​

I fought my battle remember? I even PM'd you privately to resolve the issue, but you didn't PM me back. I guess you're the one that's being sour. That being said, Lance isn't fighting a battle for me.. he's just confirming that nothing you folks SAY I said actually happened. Since you all seem sided.. it's only fair to have someone in my side of the 'ring' too.

Think what you want of CS, however from what I'm seeing CS is much more pleasant. To each their own, I guess.

I think you've all got the wrong misconception about me.

cigarsarge said:

[snapback]265136[/snapback]​

you think we give a damn what comes out of your mouth? How pompous can you be?

First of all, I was merely pointing out that he is a genuinely good person, and you simply overreacted, and jumped to conclusions, and misenterpreted what he wrote.

secondly, I pointed out the fact that you are a hypocrite,...because,...well,...you are.

How does one get a case of sour grapes? Does he have to be a negative nancy first? Or have sand in his vagina? Be a man, and talk like an adult.

He sent you a PM and you didnt response because you know you are wrong, cant validate or back up your opinion, and unless you can look like a tough guy in front of a bunch of people, you cant be bothered to type back.

Get a life sarge, you cant read, you cant interpret, and you cant comprehend. Go back and actually read what was written. You over reacted, and now you have too much pride to admit you were wrong.

And you are right, CS cant hold a candle to this place,...they are far too nice over there to flame each other the way you have been doing.

sorry if Im being a "chatty cathy"

Go eat some more of the "sour grapes"

Lance / Mindflux -

If you prefer CS, then by all means go back there. Whether you agree or disagree with a member who creates a contest with his OWN cigars is irrelevent. Lance - your first post and it's involved in a petty argument? Pathetic...

CigarSarge is a very respected member of this community by the way.

cigarsarge said:
Check your PM box Mindflux...This ain't any of Lance's business.
[snapback]265141[/snapback]​

To be blantantly honest it's nobody's business but Mine and the OP's, then.

Just stating the obvious.

Sarge I see where you are coming from. But "STFU" just fueled the fires, that's all. Lance and Mindflux, if you have been on "the boards" for a while, you should know that going against the grain would ruffle some feathers. And at this board we really try and stay away from that. So when you get pissy about something as petty as not liking the rules of a contest, why bother posting? There will be plenty of other contests here to join. While you have the right to "freedom of speech", you do not have the right to come in and cause a disturbance.

If you have "board time" like you claim, then you should have known contacting people privately would be the best first step. So a PM to the contest master would have been appropriate. Drawing public criticism to a couple well intentioned guys is not appropriate. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Hell, I'll even give you my cell #. But drop the crap now while someome is still in your 2 corners.

-E

Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:
Check your PM box Mindflux...This ain't any of Lance's business.
[snapback]265141[/snapback]​

To be blantantly honest it's nobody's business but Mine and the OP's, then.

Just stating the obvious.
[snapback]265156[/snapback]​
You made it public by your first post to the contest. If you want it private, then you should have started private. Sarge, I know you know that. Now it is in the open, it is Lances buisness as it is mine, and CC's and the newest newbs.

Emo

emodx said:
Sarge I see where you are coming from. But "STFU" just fueled the fires, that's all. Lance and Mindflux, if you have been on "the boards" for a while, you should know that going against the grain would ruffle some feathers. And at this board we really try and stay away from that. So when you get pissy about something as petty as not liking the rules of a contest, why bother posting? There will be plenty of other contests here to join. While you have the right to "freedom of speech", you do not have the right to come in and cause a disturbance.

If you have "board time" like you claim, then you should have known contacting people privately would be the best first step. So a PM to the contest master would have been appropriate. Drawing public criticism to a couple well intentioned guys is not appropriate. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Hell, I'll even give you my cell #. But drop the crap now while someome is still in your 2 corners.

-E
[snapback]265159[/snapback]​

emo is correct...STFU was not proper. But if felt good at the time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.