• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GL Pease Westminster

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
I figured it was about time I did another review from an amazing package I received a while back from Brandon @bfreebern.

Today’s pick was GL Pease Westminster

When I opened the bag I was sucker punched by the aroma of a chimney that hadn’t been cleaned in decades. That being said, it’s right up my alley.

Knock knock
Who’s there?
Creosote

Didn’t require much dry time at all, it’s a very fine cut ribbon.

6312C633-C990-4C6B-9176-826E7187ECE6.jpeg

Upon lighting I was met with a very familiar profile. That creamy, peaty GL Pease Latakia. I love it! Honestly by the bright color of the blend I was not expecting much in the way of a lat forward smoke. But I was pleasantly surprised. I also got sweetness and a bit of a floral flavors (Virginia/Turkish) in the finish.

As the bowl went on, it was more of the same, which was fine by me. It was a very dry smoke and got a little warm a few times because I tend to smoke faster when I enjoy the blend (is that a thing or is it just me?)

The total burn time in my loosely packed MM was about 20 minutes. I probably could have gotten another five or so minutes, but I always feel guilty if I step outside for too long at work.

This blend was a very nice treat, and as always I was very grateful for the opportunity!!

Awesome job. When Latakia is in the right proportion to the blend I love it, but it a little too much can be a lot too much for me. Glad you enjoyed it.

I figured it was about time I did another review from an amazing package I received a while back from Brandon @bfreebern.

Today’s pick was GL Pease Westminster

When I opened the bag I was sucker punched by the aroma of a chimney that hadn’t been cleaned in decades. That being said, it’s right up my alley.

Knock knock
Who’s there?
Creosote

Didn’t require much dry time at all, it’s a very fine cut ribbon.

View attachment 33316

Upon lighting I was met with a very familiar profile. That creamy, peaty GL Pease Latakia. I love it! Honestly by the bright color of the blend I was not expecting much in the way of a lat forward smoke. But I was pleasantly surprised. I also got sweetness and a bit of a floral flavors (Virginia/Turkish) in the finish.

As the bowl went on, it was more of the same, which was fine by me. It was a very dry smoke and got a little warm a few times because I tend to smoke faster when I enjoy the blend (is that a thing or is it just me?)

The total burn time in my loosely packed MM was about 20 minutes. I probably could have gotten another five or so minutes, but I always feel guilty if I step outside for too long at work.

This blend was a very nice treat, and as always I was very grateful for the opportunity!!

Great review!

Awesome job. When Latakia is in the right proportion to the blend I love it, but it a little too much can be a lot too much for me. Glad you enjoyed it.

I've smoked straight Latakia and wished for more...lol

Need to pop my tin of Westminster this fall.

I've smoked straight Latakia and wished for more...lol

Need to pop my tin of Westminster this fall.
I haven’t smoked straight Latakia yet, but I know exactly what you mean!

Great review. I'm still trying to learn as much as I can about pipes/tobaccos as I can each day.