• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glass Top ?

Montano

Any disadvantages with a glass top humi ? Hard to keep clean ? Sunlight issues ? They seem to be cheaper than all-wood humidors.

In my experience, there aren't a ton of differences.

Obviously, glass will permit more sunlight through which will make it more difficult to maintain a low temperature. However, if you keep it out of direct sunlight that shouldn't be an issue.

The only other thing that I've experienced is that glass top humidors have, shall we say, additional chances to fail since the glass itself has a seal where it's inlaid with the wood, instead of just where the lid is closing. This may cause some difficulties in holding humidity if the seals are imperfectly manufactured.

Aesthetically, I like glass tops because I like looking at my cigars :)

I've never had a problem with a glass top humidor, nor have I heard I higher number of complaints from that product, so if you like glass tops look over solid wood you go for it :)

Don't forget to give us a pic of whatever you get!

In my experience, there aren't a ton of differences.

Obviously, glass will permit more sunlight through which will make it more difficult to maintain a low temperature. However, if you keep it out of direct sunlight that shouldn't be an issue.

The only other thing that I've experienced is that glass top humidors have, shall we say, additional chances to fail since the glass itself has a seal where it's inlaid with the wood, instead of just where the lid is closing. This may cause some difficulties in holding humidity if the seals are imperfectly manufactured.

Aesthetically, I like glass tops because I like looking at my cigars :)

I've never had a problem with a glass top humidor, nor have I heard I higher number of complaints from that product, so if you like glass tops look over solid wood you go for it :)

Don't forget to give us a pic of whatever you get!

Wow. You sure did nail that one on the head. :) Good having you around. Another thing is you will have to clean the glass from dust, smudges, etc.

Unless you have a wireless read out of your humidity you do your humidor a service by being able to look at your hygrometer without opening it 25 times a day.

I have two glass top humis...no problems whatsoever, you just need to dust more often...

Glass is nice looking, but I would tend to stay away from anything that would provide any type of direct or indirect light on your cigars. It is not good for them and they will fade in color.