• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

glass tubes

bear4155

:rolleyes: I recently purchased cigars and they arrived in glass tubes. Should they be stored in the tubes inside the humidor or taken out of the tubes before storing in humidor?

I have seen many times this question

I store some in the tubes just with the cork out and some I store like thay came.

You can use the search function and find all kinds of different opinions

I was always told to store them in the tubes the way they came (with cork in) by a few guys at the B&M i go to. But listen to "Beyond the Band" and search this a lil more.

I store everything just as the manufacturer packaged them.

I remove any wrappers, seals, tubes, etc only to dig into and smoke the cigars. I leave the rest of the cigars as is until I consolidate the remaining cigars with other nearly empty boxes.

Here's how I see it: If you found a box of super ultra mega hard to find cigars, aged like your mother-in-law in glass tubes (or however), inside a perfectly humidified and cared for B&M shop - would you resist from buying them at a reasonable price? Why change things when you take them home?

edit to add: By "aged like your mother-in-law", I mean OLD - not pruned out.

I don't think it really matters... but IMO I would take them out of wrapper/tube if I knew I wasn't smoking them for a while.

Glad you added that edit. Hell, if my MIL read the post prior she would be visiting you. :laugh: :sign:

The only time I fiddle is to take out the damn humidity pack Fuente insist on putting into their boxes :angry:
Other than that, they rest as they arrived.

Brian

I store everything just as the manufacturer packaged them.

I remove any wrappers, seals, tubes, etc only to dig into and smoke the cigars. I leave the rest of the cigars as is until I consolidate the remaining cigars with other nearly empty boxes.

Here's how I see it: If you found a box of super ultra mega hard to find cigars, aged like your mother-in-law in glass tubes (or however), inside a perfectly humidified and cared for B&M shop - would you resist from buying them at a reasonable price? Why change things when you take them home?

thanks for the info, this was what i was thinking. why change the way they are stored at the B&M and manufacturer packaged them.

I just want to add that I would likely remove the cigars from the tubes if the humidor was my only one and it was a desktop type. The tubes would take up too much room.

I'm just used to the idea that many internet cigar board members are able to hold many boxes in their inventory. Packaging is not an issue for most of us and is usually preferred.

Space permitting, my suggestion is to leave them intact in their original packaging.

Back