• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenmorangie 12 Year Scotch

So I broke down this evening and purchased my first bottle of Scotch. Ever since I received a nice taster of Tamdhu in the mail a while back, I've been really craving some more. This was a sort of spur of the moment purchase, so I didn't go in there knowing exactly what I wanted. After staring at the various selections, I decided to go with the Glenmorangie; 12 year with the Sherry Wood Finish.

I've yet to open it, but I assure you that will be happening very shortly. I've got to light the grill, so I may have a nice short story with it.

Thanks for giving me that first taste....You know who you are :whistling:

My amatuer review to come....

Nobody here gets paid for reviews so we're all amateurs. If I remember that Glenmorangie isn't an overly sherried scotch like an Aberlour for example. Been awhile so I'll be looking forward to your review.

This was also my first bottle purchase. I think it is just great. Not too smokey, and I agree with AVB that it the sherry flavors are not really in your face. A lot of people that I share this drink with enjoy it too. Most choose it after taking a sniff of the other choices that I have. So, it smells great too.

So I'm down to the last few glasses out of this bottle. with every glass I have I keep trying to figure out things I notice about it, that will provide me with enough info to give a good review. LOL.

All I can really say is that I've enjoyed it a lot, and would buy it again. It seems to have a long finish to it, after a sip you get lingering flavors for a good 30 seconds or more. A bit of a smokey flavor is definitely present. It also seems to have a bit of a nice smooth sweetness to it, before the tingling bite of it kicks in. If that makes any sense at all. At the end of the finish, I seem to taste real faint hints of almost like a caramel taste.

But hey, I give it a 10...LOL

Just think of it as liquid jerky and tell us what you taste. I'll come to you over time.