• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to college!

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
So I've already started planning and packing for college. I've begun dedicating my days to getting as much money in grants and scholarships as I can seeing as though it's over $50,000 a year to attend. I'm going for my Masters Degree in Culinary Arts and business management at Johnson and Wales, Denver. I just got my Vinotemp and put my (now what seems tiny in a 28 bottle Vino) amount of cigars in it but I'm afraid I may be unable to take it away with me. :( I've planted it next to my bed on my dresser so I can roll over to the most beautiful thing in the world!!! :laugh: Now I've contacted the student counsel adviser and requested funds and a room to start a cigar club to introduce the younger generations to the amazing world of fine cigars. So I've been doing the numbers and started the pre steps to opening this soon to be amazing hangout. I'm thinking some nice smokes, a couple large humidors, some comfortable couches and some eager students who want to improve their pallet and make some good friends. Hopefully before I get to getting I can make some good friends and contacts off of here to offer me and my fellow younger smokers something we can't just pick up everywhere and some great smokes from some veterans and great guys. I'm always up for a good smoke, good conversation, and some knowledge. I appreciate the help CP has given me and the friends and contacts I've made, but like I said I can always use friends, smokes and great conversations. I'm sure I'll be posting more as school gets closer, and I will keep everyone updated on how the club is coming. I'm open to all advise and any pointers from other cigar maniacs, I'm still new and a noob but with CP's help I hope to make my love of cigars and food into a life long goal to pair amazing cigars with outstanding food.

Thank you guys,
Chris

P.S. If anyone knows of good B & M's in Denver or a great place to get some goodies I would greatly appreciate your comments and opinions.

Best of luck to you Chris...The cigar club sounds cool, so I hope that works out...I also hope this post wasn't for free stuff...

Best of luck to you Chris...The cigar club sounds cool, so I hope that works out...I also hope this post wasn't for free stuff...

No not at all, I'm just looking for good friends and some nice contacts that I might do some business with later in life. I wasn't aware it sounded a bit like hand out post. I'm not looking for anything remotely like that. Thank you for the support, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out and I hope to invite you all for some good food and stogies after some time spent in Denver!!!

Bruce's house is the best B&M in Denver. :laugh: :sign:

Good luck in school and with the club.

Good Luck Chris,

Enjoy JWU! I had alot of friends go there. As far as B&M, Cigars on Sixth is by far my favorite. It is at 6th and Washington. After getting a cigar, head over to LimeXS and get some tequila shots and the scorpions appetizer! Fried Jalapenos stuffed with shrimp!!!! emmmm!!!!

I leave for school in two weeks. I'm going to be a freshman at the University of Missouri GO TIGERS! (Any alum on board?) Anyways, for the last year I've been thinking of doing the exactly same thing haha. There are all kinds of clubs at MU, I mean they even have a BBQ club! From what they told me during my school visit if there is a club that you want to start all you have to do is have 5 people who want to be in the club with you and bam they give you $2000 to start the club. I'm definately going to jump on this opportunity and since I'll most likely be the President of this club, what would you do with that money? By no means is it my decision, it will be by majority of the club but any ideas?

Oh! Any good humidors around Columbia? Not familiar with the area. Thanks guys!

Good luck with school and the club! I'm northwest of Denver and have found a couple good B&Ms. Not sure where JWU is at, exactly, but I'm sure we could meet up for a smoke sometime if ya want.

No not at all, I'm just looking for good friends and some nice contacts that I might do some business with later in life. I wasn't aware it sounded a bit like hand out post. I'm not looking for anything remotely like that. Thank you for the support, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out and I hope to invite you all for some good food and stogies after some time spent in Denver!!!

I wasn't sure, but I am glad you made it clear that it isnt :). Keep us updated with the progress of your club, I know I would have killed to be apart of one while in school (last year). Have fun with it and good luck!

I leave for school in two weeks. I'm going to be a freshman at the University of Missouri GO TIGERS! (Any alum on board?) Anyways, for the last year I've been thinking of doing the exactly same thing haha. There are all kinds of clubs at MU, I mean they even have a BBQ club! From what they told me during my school visit if there is a club that you want to start all you have to do is have 5 people who want to be in the club with you and bam they give you $2000 to start the club. I'm definately going to jump on this opportunity and since I'll most likely be the President of this club, what would you do with that money? By no means is it my decision, it will be by majority of the club but any ideas?

NWMSU alum here! haha. I'll always be a Missouri fan though! :)

Good luck Chris. If I'm ever out your way I'll look you up. I might have to trade some cigars for a fine dinner! ;) If you do leave the vino behind, make sure there is someone who can look after it. Extended time without checkups can cause a nice collection to go bad.

Have fun, and best of luck with the club.

JohnsonandWales.jpg

It will be a good time, but I am worried that I'll have to leave my Vino with Par 3 Cigars (Dad) and go down there with a regular humidor. They are strict on fridge and microwave policies, they make you rent on from them if you want one. But I'm hoping if I pack it up nicely I can stash it in my closet. Now all I need to do is get a nice lock for it and I'll give it a go. I appreciate all the support and I'll have to get together with some of you guys and enjoy some sticks, food and company with you. I'm headed to go check it out and reserve my room and yatta yatta next week so I'll be able to stop in and check out some of the B & M's. Let me know if you guys have anymore places for me to check out.

Thank you,
Chris

NWMSU alum here! haha. I'll always be a Missouri fan though! :)

Ive got a couple of buddies going there this coming fall. Good ole bearcats!

I don't want to take a crap on your baked potato, but be sure to check into the smoking policies on campus before making any grand plans. According to what I've read at their website, there's no smoking in any campus facilities at all or within 25 feet of any entrances (20 feet at Mizzou). This is better than some universities that do not allow smoking ANYWHERE on campus, even outdoors.

They may not be real keen on providing funding to a club that promotes an "unhealthy lifestyle choice" either.

Just cover all of your bases before you start making too many plans is all I'm saying.

Well so much for that idea... lol. Now that I think of it, Mizzou plans to have a smoke free campus by 2014... crap.

Guess I could just put up flyers for an unofficial club... just wont have the $2000 to blow on smokes! :sign:

Why wait until 2014 if your plan is to go smoke free? Why not make it tomorrow? It's not like their waiting for funding or anything that could take time. If this is your goal, why not do it now? Stinking anti-smoking nazis.

Why wait until 2014 if your plan is to go smoke free? Why not make it tomorrow? It's not like their waiting for funding or anything that could take time. If this is your goal, why not do it now? Stinking anti-smoking nazis.

Couldn't agree more! Luckily im supposed to graduate in 2013 so no smoking ban for me :).