• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Cozumel

JimK

I'm going to Cozumel in a couple of days, and wanted to get the latest on where to buy/smoke the precious.

As I understand it, the place I have been to (with the balcony across the street from the water, by the smaller docks) is owned by an unsavory fellow who might have fakes? The new place is owned by the former partner of the old place and has all the good stuff. This place is around the corner? That is what I understand from my past reading. Does that about sum up Cozumel?

JK

Bring your own. The one's you'll find there are either fake or overpriced.

Never been to Cozumel but spent the honeymoon in Cancun. We mostly ran into fakes there. I am with CC, take your own in case you can't find the real thing.
And if you do you will pay more just because they know you will at such a tourist area.

MrJerry said:
Have a great time!

Don't drink the water.
[snapback]228343[/snapback]​

And don't forget the ice. Seems like common sense but a lady on our plane that stayed at the same hotel went on an excursion and had a coke (and a smile) with ice in it. She got SICK.

Don't go to the Havana Club (above the jewelry store) and here's why (taken from MikeS from another board):

Hahaha that is my quote lol... I don't know about the former manager part but I did run Mimi's lcdh this summer for 2 months. The lcdh is no more but as stated Danny, a long time manager of the lcdh, has opened up a shop down by the international pier called Guantanameras. You can ask any cabbie to take you to Ernestos fajita factory and they will know where that is then cross the street to go to Guantanameras. It is orange and on the second floor.

The ONLY place I know I will buy cigars from on Cozumel is from Danny and Guantanameras. You will laugh when you visit other shops and see all of the fakes.

I am sure if you mention that you are a friend of mine you will get a 10-15% discount on your bill

I would stay away from the Havana Club at all costs and here is why:

The Havana Club used to be the best on the island. I know the owners and John and Mimi well. Since Mimi's husband passed away the other partner (Emelio grade A Asshole) Has done everything in his power to make Mimi's life
hell (as if her husband passing away wasn't enough). Arguements over
the store, prices, business ethics, etc. So long story short Mimi
took all of the invintory and moved locations over to Calle 17 (under
Prima restaruant) **this is the one that I worked at that is now closed** Mimi is the ONLY authorized dealer/dristributier of Habanos on the
island which meens Emelio as well as the other shops still have to
purchace their stock from her. The prices that you will see were
overinflated by Emelio (he marks everything up X2) as were your drink
prices. I, like you, was not aware of this until I went down in Dec
15-24th. When I walked up to the Havana Club I noticed the humidor
was almost empty, and all of the apperal was gone. The wife and I
bought 2 Mojitos (and about fell over when we got our check as they
used to be only 3-4$) and proceeded to ask Emelio what happend to all
of the stock, where were the old employees were, when Mimi was going
to be in etc.. And his responce was that Mimi was gone, as were all of
our long time employee friends that used to work there. BULL****!! I
found out the next day after calling her, that Mimi was still on the
island as were the others only working at the new location.

I would have to question the cigars, prices, and integrity of the new
store owner since I don't think Mimi is supplying him any longer.
Emelio is a shady guy who only cares about himself and money period.
I am not one to tell others what to do...but I know I will never step
foot into the old Havana Club as long as Emelio owens it.

Mimi closed down, go to Guantanameras. You can ask any cabbie to take you to Ernestos fajita factory and they will know where that is then cross the street to go to Guantanameras. It is orange and on the second floor.

Rent a bug convertible and drive around the island. Check out this little place called "Rio" on west bank of the island. Ice cold beers and the freshest fish you can find. You eat right on the beach and everything is brought right out to you. Beats anything else you can do there (short of spending the day at the cigar lounge).

Have fun.