• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to New York

Rural Guy

Esquire
Hi All,

First, I have searched but could only find these: LINK and LINK regarding New York City cigar lounges/stores that seemed somewhat relevant although they are older.

I'm headed to NYC with some buddies for a Tragically Hip concert in May and while I'm in the US for my 48 hours I'd like to pick up 50 cigars (all I'm allowed to bring back). What I'm looking for is a place in Manhattan that has good prices. I'm not looking to hit up a lounge or smoke while I'm there just looking for some deals. Ideally I'm hoping for some info like was contained HERE.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

First, I have searched but could only find these: LINK and LINK regarding New York City cigar lounges/stores that seemed somewhat relevant although they are older.

I'm headed to NYC with some buddies for a Tragically Hip concert in May and while I'm in the US for my 48 hours I'd like to pick up 50 cigars (all I'm allowed to bring back). What I'm looking for is a place in Manhattan that has good prices. I'm not looking to hit up a lounge or smoke while I'm there just looking for some deals. Ideally I'm hoping for some info like was contained HERE.

Thanks,

Mike

Not sure that you'll find "good" prices in Manhattan, but I guess in comparison to Canada, they'd be pretty good. I'm sure one of the NYC guys will be able to help more.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Mike

Not sure that you'll find "good" prices in Manhattan, but I guess in comparison to Canada, they'd be pretty good. I'm sure one of the NYC guys will be able to help more.

Got to echo Sam on this prices suck! I would go to Davidoffs on Madison Avenue and see if they can help you out. Talk to them, they may be able to offer up some solution. Otherwise the cigars are pricey. Barclay Rex has a few locations in Manhattan and their shop on 570 Lexington Ave has a small smoking section.

Let me know if you need any further information.

If you want we could mail order something for you have it delivered to myself or another volunteer from the NY Crew.
And we could hand deliver them to you...

Just a thought that would save you a lot in taxes.

-Rob

What Rob said is food for thought. Also JR on 5th prices aren't bad but selection is run of the mill

then there is CigarInn and their two stores one is on Second Avenue Between 53rd & 54th and the other i believe is 71st and 1st or 72nd and 1st one of the other crew could correct me.
but what rob said is always available

I am glad this thread came up..I am going to be in NY City for buisness in a few weeks and I am definitely looking for a place to smoke. Davidoffs is at the top of my list. I want to pick up a nice box while I am there. I am also looking forward to trying Peter Luger's. I have heard it is the best steak in the world!!

I am glad this thread came up..I am going to be in NY City for buisness in a few weeks and I am definitely looking for a place to smoke. Davidoffs is at the top of my list. I want to pick up a nice box while I am there. I am also looking forward to trying Peter Luger's. I have heard it is the best steak in the world!!

Ruth's Chris on 51st. I made the switch years ago.

Living in Houston we have some great steak houses. I have been to Ruth's Chris a few times, it is very good. My favorite of late is the Palm. Having never been to Peter Luger's I feel compelled to go. They sure do make it tough on me to expense to my company by only taking cash!!

You have to get a Knish!

Have a fine trip!

Hell Yes. And a Sabrett hot dog. And a hooker from Hunts Point And you got to hop the train then ride in between the cars. And you got to litter the streets (it's okay, I work for Sanitation)

Living in Houston we have some great steak houses. I have been to Ruth's Chris a few times, it is very good. My favorite of late is the Palm. Having never been to Peter Luger's I feel compelled to go. They sure do make it tough on me to expense to my company by only taking cash!!

I've heard whisperings of Peter Luger's all the way down here in Texas. Is this the place that just about only has steak as the main entree and you order dependent on the number of people you have with you (i.e. steak for 2, 3, 4 etc.)?

I've heard whisperings of Peter Luger's all the way down here in Texas. Is this the place that just about only has steak as the main entree and you order dependent on the number of people you have with you (i.e. steak for 2, 3, 4 etc.)?

Keen's and Ben Benson are also very good. Anyone up for Luger's or Keen's next week?

Wow! I can't believe no one metioned Uptown cigar!! Israel would be the first guy I'd look up if I was in the NYC area...

Hope you got some transportation. I don't think Uptown Cigars has any shuttles to their shop ;)

Old Homestead is my steakhouse of choice And i realy want to try Keens

Ditto the mail order hand-off. Luger's is my favorite. Get the steak for 2 rare. Bring cash.

Yea, X2 on the Old Homestead. I believe that it is the oldest steak house in NYC. Great ambiance and great beef.

Took the family out to Morton's in Philly a couple of days ago. One of the best steaks I've had in years, but it ain't cheap. You are going to pay for prime, aged beef.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I have to say, the suggestion to order them to one of the NYC members and pick them up is something I never would have thought of and greatly appreciate. Certainly shows the type of members of this board. PM Sent.

Mike