• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to see a Surgeon

billbaker3

Finally found out what is wrong with me. It has only been about 9 months now.

I went and had a HIDA scan done, it is to check your gall bladder. Apparently mine is only working at 5 percent. I am a little relieved that they finally figured it out and a little scared since this will now be my second surgery this year. Anyone else had theirs taken out? How long were you down? I was told it is quick but that was from a Doc.

I go and see the Surgeon on Monday.

My Father had Gallbladder surgery with the small incision, orthoscopic(?).
It went remarkably well, and his recovery was quick, and minimal.

Best to you, and my thoughts are with you.

My father had his gallbladder removed as well. You'll probably have what they call a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (surgeons will also tell you that there is a possibility of an open procedure if they are unable to take it out via the laparascope). In other words, they'll use special scopes placed via small incisions into your abdomen to remove your gallbladder. Typically the surgery itself takes 30-90minutes, depending upon factors such as how accessible your gallbladder is, speed of the surgeon, etc. Most patients are able to go home the same day (also depends upon how the surgery goes, if you have any signficant health concerns, etc).
Best wishes to you as well.

I got mine taken out last fall and was well enough to go to GABF about a month later. You'll be pretty sore for a couple days but after that should be fine.

I had my gall bladder removed about 2 yrs ago. I had a stone the size of an olive. The most uncomfortable feeling I've ever experienced.

The surgery to remove it was a piece of cake. 4 holes punched in my belly; 3 for tools and one to pull the gall bladder through when it is cut out. I had a little bit of discomfort from the air they pump into your abdomin to give them room to work.

On a side note. Don't wear good drawers to the surgery. I had never been under the knife before and since they were working on my belly I thought I would be fine leaving my fruit of the looms on. After they started the sedation they rolled me into the OR where one of the nurses on my all female surgical team said, "He's still wearing his underwear." I felt all these hands on me, pulling my drawers down. I never did see my beloved fruit of the looms again. I'm convinced they sold them on ebay!!

Good luck with the surgery and if you see my fruit of the looms on ebay try to get them back for me!

Cheers,

Tony

Glad you finally know something definite Bill. Sometimes the not knowing is worse than anything.

Best of luck and have a speedy recovery.

G-

My dad had it done years ago when I was a kid. Big scar. Not like today I'm told. He didn't even take pain meds afterward. He also didn't take any meds for pain after his quadruple bypass either ???

Surgery is only routine and easy when it's someone else having it.

Doc.

Thanks guys. Hope it is quick and I don't have to burn too many days from work. It will be nice to actually be pain free.

Glad to hear they finally figured out what the problem was. I know you've been battling this for a while, and hopefully now the problem will be taken care of for good. Best of luck my friend.

Well surgery is this Friday. We asked for the quickest one, didnt think it would be this week. The thing that sucks is that she told me that there is still a 30 percent chance that my symptoms will never go away. Lets pray they do, I am only 29.

I had my gall bladder removed about 2 yrs ago. I had a stone the size of an olive. The most uncomfortable feeling I've ever experienced.

The surgery to remove it was a piece of cake. 4 holes punched in my belly; 3 for tools and one to pull the gall bladder through when it is cut out. I had a little bit of discomfort from the air they pump into your abdomin to give them room to work.

On a side note. Don't wear good drawers to the surgery. I had never been under the knife before and since they were working on my belly I thought I would be fine leaving my fruit of the looms on. After they started the sedation they rolled me into the OR where one of the nurses on my all female surgical team said, "He's still wearing his underwear." I felt all these hands on me, pulling my drawers down. I never did see my beloved fruit of the looms again. I'm convinced they sold them on ebay!!

Good luck with the surgery and if you see my fruit of the looms on ebay try to get them back for me!

Cheers,

Tony
OMG this made me laugh out loud as I was picturing all these broads ripping the drawers off ya , Good luck w the surgery, heres to a quick and painless recovery!

Had the Surgery last Friday and have been in pain since. Good thing they gave me a bottle Vicodins. (sp?)

Don't know when I can go back to work, Doc said when I am up to it, but I can tell you this is not fun. At least the surgery went well. :thumbs:

Get well soon! Take your time going back to work... :thumbs: