• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Vegas next month...

GregSVT

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.
So I'm going to Vegas/Laughlin for a week in September and my g/f has offered to put in $50 towards some cigars at Casa Fuente as part of my birthday present. I plan to add another $100-150 on top of that (depending on how my blackjack and poker playing goes) making my budget $150-200. I want to get at least a couple Casa Fuente cigars along with some other rare fuentes they have there but I'm not sure what is offered. I'd like to have an idea before I walk in there. Any help would be very appreciated.

I've heard they have 858 Sungrowns and Don Carlos Lanceros but I'm not sure of that....anybody??

Was just there for the IPCPR show and I did not see any 8-5-8 SG or DC lanceros. They have the full line of OPUS X and Forbidden X as well as their own Casa blend. They also carry most of the other Fuente rolled lines as well, ie. Ashton, Montesino and standard green label Fuentes.

As of July they told me they were out of the DC lanceros, and not sure when/if they would have them back in. The Casa Fuente corona gorda is a pretty good stick. For any of the other htf Fuentes, you are going to pay significantly over msrp for them.

Damn I was hoping for some DC Lanceros and 858 SGs. Oh well I will probably just load up on Casa Fuentes and maybe a HTF Opus or 2.

Be prepared to spend A LOT of money. For $50, you can get one Opus or maybe 2 Casas.

My suggestion? Bring a ton of cash or call your credit card to up your limit! :sign:

I was there in February,,, and IIRC,,,, the Casa Fuente corona gorda was $18. They had a sampler of Casa's that was $150 also,,,,I regret not picking one up.

LOL!! Thos damn Cigarpass herf guys bought out their entire stash of DC Lanceros! Damn you guys! I ended up with about a fullx box by the end of the trip!

But their Casa Fuente sampler pack i think it runs for $150.oo let it sit for 2 yrs. And enjoy!

I am already almost out of DC lanceros again =(

LOL!! Thos damn Cigarpass herf guys bought out their entire stash of DC Lanceros! Damn you guys! I ended up with about a fullx box by the end of the trip!

But their Casa Fuente sampler pack i think it runs for $150.oo let it sit for 2 yrs. And enjoy!

Glad my trip down was before, not after. I managed to come home with a handful. :whistling:

Spend your money on the mojitos, the cigars are way over the top price wise. If they have the lanceros I would buy those or the sampler. YMMV

If you really want to go HTF, see if they have any more of these.
Of course, $125 is a lot of money for a cigar you might never smoke. I know I wouldn't!

If you really want to go HTF, see if they have any more of these.
Of course, $125 is a lot of money for a cigar you might never smoke. I know I wouldn't!

They are charging $125 Dollars for these at Casa Fuene? Box price at $130/10, so they are going at roughly ten times over msrp due to rarity. Just try to understand the concept.

Spend your money on the mojitos, the cigars are way over the top price wise. If they have the lanceros I would buy those or the sampler. YMMV

Sage advice. It's been a while since I was there, but last time I was, the prices were what you would expect from a much hyped boutique in a high-profile Vegas hotel/mall. It's truly a captive audience/clientele they have, though I don't know how much the NV taxes factor in to it. Bottom line, it was crazy expensive for even rather easily found items. Drinks were great though. And, I'll admit, I did drop a good bit of cash there picking up some of the generally harder to find Hemingway Maduros. Just...be prepared.

Nice, I was hoping they also had something like Hemi Maduros or other non-readily available sticks. Maybe a BTL or an Opus Love Story.

I will probably pick up the Casa Fuente Sampler and I will definitely be having one of these Mojitos I've been reading about for the past year.

Thanks everyone for all the great info.

The Mojito's are excellent, and they have some very rare sticks, but they are crazy over priced. They have a Forbidden BBMF, it's $125. They have an AF13, it's $125. They were out of DC lancero's during the IPCPR. I suggest getting the Casa Fuente sampler for $150 like others have stated. Spend your other $50 on a few drinks, some a stick of your own and check out the scenery. It'll be well worth it. :)

Be sure to check out the Davidoff store, which is not far away. They had many of the Fuente sticks, IIRC, and were much more reasonably priced.

I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, and picked up a GOF tubo (never had one, so I thought I would try one) and a Casa Fuente house corona, and total was somethingl ike $58 for 2 cigars.. most I have EVER spent on 2 cigars... Way overpriced, but the GOF was a GOOD smoke, IMHO. I loved it.

True words. Moki's prices are still spot on. You can get two corona gorda and a mojito for around $50.

Let the Vegas crew know when you will be here and I'm sure we can arrange a herf if you would like.