• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf 2015

Shot an 80 a couple weeks ago.

Now have a hernia (surgery June 3). 

Show a 43 on the front this past weekend - 46 on the back....so, with a hernia - not to bad! :D

See you guys in the fall! 

I went up North for Memorial day.  I played at the Mt Washington Resort, beautiful course classic Donald Ross design. This was my First round back from the winter hiatus.  I did play a couple rounds this winter on Vacation.  I came out of the gate a bit rusty.  4 over after 2 holes.  Ended up with a 82 (43-39) on a tough course, in very windy conditions.  I also did not hit a putt over 6ft so no birdies but, a fair amount of tap in pars. I was very pleased it was a great day, good to be back on the links and I won a few beverages at the bar from my buddy.  Looking forward to getting out and playing more consistently.  I can post anywhere from mid 70's to low 90's on any given day.  

Back to par bogey golf. It's amazing what slowing down can do to your swing.

kona1000 said:
Agreed.  Last weekend I was playing with some pretty good guys with low teen handicaps.  I am a bogey player myslef.  I had a triple bogey first 1/3 of the day.  Shot a 57 on the front...just couldn't stop and relax.  Finally broke into play I knew I could do, shot 4 pars and a birdie to finish with a 45 on the back 9....would have hit 40 if it wasn't for one really bad par 5 hole.

Also come the closest I have ever gotten to a hole in one.  Just bounced over the hole and came back to 3 feet from the hole. 

modo22 said:

Agreed.  Last weekend I was playing with some pretty good guys with low teen handicaps.  I am a bogey player myslef.  I had a triple bogey first 1/3 of the day.  Shot a 57 on the front...just couldn't stop and relax.  Finally broke into play I knew I could do, shot 4 pars and a birdie to finish with a 45 on the back 9....would have hit 40 if it wasn't for one really bad par 5 hole.

Also come the closest I have ever gotten to a hole in one.  Just bounced over the hole and came back to 3 feet from the hole. 

You did make the putt didn't you.

golfgar said:

You did make the putt didn't you.

haha, yes I did.  Had $ on it, so I was a little shaky, but I made it!

Playing better 2 birdies today. Hit a 540 yd par 5 in two and left 18 inches with a 5 wood on a long par 4. Of course there were several triple bogies when the tee shot was screwed up and a couple of doubles from bad putting. Blew an 86 in total. Need consistency.

Thankfully you did not have the yips congrats on the bird!

edit for spelling

86 that's good. Those three puts kill you.

Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow.

Getting the clubs re-gripped, should be able to pick them up today.  Way overdue for new grips.  I think it was in excess of 6 years and they were starting to get slick.  I bought some of that stick-um stuff and it works ok as temporary measure but certainly not a long term fix.  $10 per grip installed was a decent price, I think.  Looked into doing it myself as there is a Golfsmith store just down the street, but heck the grips I wanted were about the same $10 bucks and I don't have a good vice.  It doesn't seem that hard to do if you have a few simple tools.  Has anyone here re-gripped their clubs before?

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have a nice set of i-25 irons for sale.   3-PW  +1/2 in length  2* up.   Stiff steel shafts.  

Shoot me a PM for more details if interested.  

Re-gripping clubs is easy. You do need something to hold the club steady in the vise. Cut the old grip off and clean the old tape. Re-tape it, pour a little mineral spirits in the grip and slosh it around. Pour it out over the tape and slide the grip on. Make sure it is straight and wait a couple hours to swing them.

I've been playing this little par three next to my boys school, really challenging.

I didn't keep score but was putting really well. Popped one in from 60 for birdy. All and all a beautiful day here in Boston.

Blew an 86 at Belerieve CC on Tuesday. Challenging course, no birds. They have played some pro tourneys there including a PGA. So it's no cake walk.

Been working nights for the past week and a half. It's been messing with my body clock. Played 18, shot a 101, terrible could not get the ball off the ground.

It's such a mental game, I've been playing so good.

I just got a new set of irons and when I hit them well I feel invincible.  

Unfortunately I think the longer ones are swinging me, so there are still some adjustments that need to be made.  Hopefully the courses dry out a bit so I can get out and play again.  June and July have rained almost every day and everything is saturated.

engspot said:
I just got a new set of irons and when I hit them well I feel invincible.  

Unfortunately I think the longer ones are swinging me, so there are still some adjustments that need to be made.  Hopefully the courses dry out a bit so I can get out and play again.  June and July have rained almost every day and everything is saturated.
What did you get??  I have been drooling over some, but just can't do it this season.

I got Callaway XRs with XP95 shafts. I got fitted and this combo felt best to me. Big upgrade from my G5's. The new Pings look pretty good too if you can wait until 7/31.

I can't hit a blade so I can't really speak to players irons.

Damn it!! That is what I have been drooling over.  Those XRs are amazing!  I hit a few irons back in the spring while I was demoing the XR Hybrids, I got the Hybrids, but not the irons.....but they felt so good; It would be a big step up from my Callaway X22s.

Glad you like them.