• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf Bag

symyn

I am the kinda guy that will use something that doesn't necessarily help your game, such as a golf bag, golf hat, golf shirt, and even a broken golf tee (haven't used a real tee in probably 8 rounds as I don't use a driver and I don't like to tee the 3 wood up very high) untill it is torn, mangled, faded, and basically all around just fucked.

So I am in the market for a new bag as I have used the present one for about 8 years and it is the old school single strap non stand bag. I am looking for a backpack / standing type bag as I have taken to walking the course as it seems to help my tempo (and the size of my gut). Suggestions, directions, or links would be very helpful.

You should just get yourself one of these:

happygilmorecaddy1aa.jpg

You say you have a old school bag. That is classic cuz the one I have is from the 1950's and so are the clubs. :laugh: I also have the Woods and they give me the most difficulties so I use the Irons. I should take a picture of this prehistoric bag and clubs. :laugh:

I've got a Ping Hoofer and so far its been a great bag. I wasn't in the market for a cart bag, because I like to walk at times.

I've been 100% happy with it.

Hoofer!

I use a Nike carry bag (backpack style) with a stand. It's pretty light and seems to work well... not pricey either. There are some companies that make $200-300 carry bags that a little lighter.

Don't get me wrong the clubs that are in the back are relatively new, the bag is ancient.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Calloway makes a nice stand bag with backpack type straps

Anyone have any expericence with online retailers besides the aforementioned ebags.com?

I was just checking this site out and Avast anti-virus alerted that the LoveLetter.vbs virus was intercepted.

I was going to let them know, but they require registering with the site to send an email.

I won't be doing business with them...

If you expect your gear to last a long time, I'd recommend you avoid the ultra-light models. I have a Mizuno Aerolite (nice divider system), which is great for carrying comfort, but I doubt it will last more than a couple years before something gives out. There are far more robust bags available that only weigh about a pound more than the lightest models.

I use a Nike bag that I bought offline at golfsmith.com they are a very good retailer I buy from them very often. Roy R. Frush is right light bags rip and fall apart a lot sooner then heavier bags.

Trevor

I'm not a golfer so take this as a real question. If you are golfing for exercise why get a light bag? Get the biggest baddest bag you can pick up and drag that around for 18 holes for some real exercise.

edit: spelling