• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf Course Cigars

CyGar

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.
Well its that exciting time of year again for me to hit the links with my buddies. I was wondering what y'all like to smoke when you are on the course?

When I play golf, I don't want a complex cigar as the nuances are wasted, it can be strong, medium or mild, just not complex. The reason being that I either can't concentrate on my game as I'm concentrating on the cigar, or vice versa. I also usually smoke a Churchill or a Double Corona. If I have an early morning tee time, I usually won't start smoking until I make the turn onto the Back 9. For some reason, the only time I enjoy a cigar in the morning is when camping, or fishing, or pulling all nighters in Vegas. As far as what marcas...it really runs the gamut. I like variety and will smoke both NCs and CCs on the course...as long as the cigar meets my requirement of not being overly complex.

I smoke something I don't mind laying on the ground when I hit the ball. Or if I forget to pick it up after I'm not to upset about. I keep a box of regular ole Punch and El Rey Del Mundo cigars in the cooler for that reason.

Pretty much whatever I grab out of the humi. I don't golf much if at all anymore, so that plays into it. Basically sometimes I want something good, and sometimes I want to burn through something that might be "subpar". I don't think there is a cigar in the humi I won't smoke. I might wait on some, but if the mood hits me..the mood hits me.

I smoke something I don't mind laying on the ground when I hit the ball. Or if I forget to pick it up after I'm not to upset about. I keep a box of regular ole Punch and El Rey Del Mundo cigars in the cooler for that reason.

Yes, same here. Ask punk_lawyer about the time he dropped an unlit Boli Gold Medal on the course. We finally found it after searching for 5 minutes. :laugh:

Yes, same here. Ask punk_lawyer about the time he dropped an unlit Boli Gold Medal on the course. We finally found it after searching for 5 minutes. :laugh:

I still wonder why you were the one driving the cart! Given the amount of Crown Royal and Woodford Reserve consumed before we got to the 3rd hole, I am shocked we could even figure out how to light a cigar. :p None the less, I don't equate golf cigars to yardgars. I want to be smoking a good cigar when I am on the course since the cigar dulls the pain of a badly sliced shot!

I usually bring a couple of yard gars. I only light up if I am not playing well, so most of the time I am blazing one up by the 4th hole.

I don't play Golf. If I did, I would probably smoke cigars that relight more gracefully than others.
I would imagine that a players cigar goes out often? I have found that Cuban machine mades re-light very nicely.

I usually bring a couple of yard gars. I only light up if I am not playing well, so most of the time I am blazing one up by the 4th hole.

By the 4th hole? Wow, you must a pro! I'm blazin' one by hole 2. :blush:

I don't play Golf. If I did, I would probably smoke cigars that relight more gracefully than others.
I would imagine that a players cigar goes out often? I have found that Cuban machine mades re-light very nicely.

Indeed! :thumbs:

I don't golf either, but for yardwork and dogwalking there's nothing I like better than a JLP Breva.

~Boar

That time of the year again, dam i have not golfed in two years lol.When i was golfing i would bring a cheapy along $3-4 dollar smoke is good for me.

My go-to cigar on the course is the Padron Executive Maduro... A great cigar in its own right, and not too expensive to worry about giving it time when on the course... FWIW!

Regards,

BT

Golf = Inexpensive mild-medium churchills.

My favorite golf cigars are NC La Gloria Cubana Churchills. They are mild to medium, have a sweet aftertaste, do an okay job of staying lit, and last almost two full hours.

Usually something on the fatter side -- churchills: RyJ & ERDM Tainos, maybe a Sig VI.

Usually I'll take whatever I want to smoke at the moment.
Often I take two short smokes, one for each 9, but not always.

RP Edge Missiles, Casa Torano, Pepin Serie JJ or Excalibur come to
mind. I rarely take expensive sticks, since I want to
savor them, but once in a while I'll take an AF Hemingway,
or RP OWR(X-outs if I have them).

Don't worry too much about them going out. They usually don't.

Chemyst :cool:

Gold Course Cigars? My norm is to bring an Opus X Football, light it on 1, toss it on 9, and then I light up a Padron Millennium on the back nine!!! :whistling:

Two of my most favorite things to do: smoke cigars and play golf. I usually smoke 3 or 4 per round depending upon size. Always take an Anejo and at least one Padron, maybe a 1964 if the wind is not too high. Been smoking a lot of La Riquezas lately. Throw in a couple of Cubans or another Tat and I'm good to go :thumbs:.

I golfed last weekend in a charity golf outing and started off with an Oliva Connecticut Lonsdale.

It is a great 1st cigar of the day.

I tend to go with larger cigars with thicker wrappers. Anejo 48's and 49's and Diamond Crown Maximus No. 1's are my staples on the golf course, but I don't smoke much when I play in the summer months. Too hot and I sweat too damn much to enjoy a cigar (I walk 99% of the time).