• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf in Atlanta

wilmotrogers

WilmotRogers
I will be heading down to the Atlanta area in about 6 weeks and trying to scope out some decent public courses/semi-private courses. My buddy is an assistant pro at a Canongate course, and we have always just played at their facilities. Any recommendations for other accessible courses in the Atlanta area?

It's 15 degrees and snowing here, and I am thinking about golf. Have to have something to look forward to this time of year.

Anybody else have suggestions? I'm gonna be down there over Memorial Day weekend.

It's been awhile since I've been up there and played, but I have.

Woodmont is a nice course. I think it's a RTJ (Robert Trent Jones) layout.

Woodmont

St. Marlo in Duluth is another nice one.

St. Marlo

The Frog is another outstanding course. If you only had time to hit one course, I would hit this one.

The Frog

You say "Atlanta area," so I don't know exactly where you'll be, but there's actually tons of courses in the area. A lot are municipal owned actually. Someone recommend Chateau Elan - I second that one. It's not bad if you're looking to get on the course while visiting.