• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf Online?

would you play if it cost money?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smitty

We like to golf right? plus, we love to be online... so

I have been contacted by a company that does online fundraising. They have introduced a golf game online to us that plays like golden tee and tiger woods golf. Its set up with the idea that friends and family and online groups would pay for an access code to join in live online 4-somes and tournements weekly, monthly whatever. It can be set up like the private poker rooms where I could configure weekly or month tournaments for this board or make just an OPFTH event monthly. You can play live with friends or whenever you have time during the month. It keeps scores and has prizes (we could add a cigar prize to the top players monthly).

I dont have all the details yet and only demo an account myself to check out the game play. Its pretty cool. Apparently your purchased (donation) ticket gives you a 3 rounds or tournaments and then you have to but more time at the site (3 balls for $1.99 or something or $10 a month for unlimited).

The Fund raising end kicks in like this: For every $10 ticket purchased $6 goes to OpFTH. So its fun and a win - win.

You can even purchase credits or win credits in game for equiptment upgrades and new clubs etc.

I am thinking of opening an account and starting up the configuration process for OpFTH but wanted to know if anyone would even want to play.

If enough interest, I will open a public account and offer the codes via pm for Paypal payments or something to get you in and then i think you can just pay thru the site. We can have a game set up permantly for just this board, or make a permanant OPFTH game. Or, we can have a permanent OPFTH toury monthly set up and just rounds of golf for each site that wants one (cp, cw, cbid etc).

Let me know what you think....

Bill

this is just a facts gathering mission right now. Wanting to see if anyone would play.

And, remove one of the sites listed as they have removed our opfth thread about it. email me if you need to know the details :)

i have been playing the game today and its mad fun!

for those voting no... remember this is a fund raising tool for opfth and the cost is $2 - $10 tops. not like we are asking for $50 greens fee. The original "ticket" or the tourny is $10 for like 3-5 rounds and there is prizes for top player.

Thanks for voting.. We are trying to get an idea of interest...

I'd be in bro. I like golf, I like computers, I like computer golf, and more importantly...anything to help out the troops.

I used to love Golden Tee. I think I just might buy a month...or maybe more.

I'd play if there was a full disclosure of how the money was handled.

Emo

full discloser by OpFTH or the company hosting it. We are not involved. you buy a Ticket for a tourny from us (paypal i guess) and it gives you credit to join and play until your credits gone then you recharge your account from them online is how i understand it. But i dont have all the info yet. I suspect I pay the initial cost of $10 per ticket and then get 60% of recharges ..

but again, waiting on the details from the company. I can provide you with full disclosure of OpFTH bills in shipping each month. Its $150 a month now just for me and not counting the others shipping. Add to that the $500 cost for 501 filing with irs yesterday and $150 to state of michigan to incorporate OpFTH as a business last month.

All proceeds of any cash donations barely keeps us ahead of the shipping costs. Thankfully i dont have rent, utilities and other operating expenses right now for it casue the company I work at gave us a location in the building to run it.

Computer and supplies (tape, boxes, etc) are provided by company right now too.

anyone that know me or us here at opfth can vouch for our costs and handling of donations (both cigars and cash). but, If you dont trust us with your money feel free to refrain from playing (if we do this)

its your call

I'd probably do it once in a while. Don't play it in meat-space, but like to play it in video games ;)

for a good cause, for non-outrageous prices, and a not too long of a time requirement I think it would be fun. I have played Links golf online for years, all the way back to the original. Out of practice, but if it's anything like that I'd be up. Maybe even some tram match play... CigarPass tram anyone? :laugh:

I maybe interested to help pass the time in retirement. Will see how things go because I plan on getting back into reading again.

I rule at the Tiger Woods format, ask the guys from the Outlaw.
I would easily pay to play that format. Never was anygood at Golden Tee.
I like it just never good at it.

So hell yeah I'd pay, go get me a new controller for the laptop and whip some ass!!!

In case youre wondering, my handicap in TW 05 thru 3 seasons in tour difficulty mode is -24 ;)

its like tw and golden tee combined in a way. all mouse driven 2 click drive type. you can upgrade clubs and equipment and if you win tourny there are REAL prizes. its online and realtime and you can chat with buds start your own 4 somes and play a round etc.

The costs so far as explained is $10 for an OPFTH entry card that provides you with approx 5 rounds of golf and 3 tourny entries or some combination. after that the game site charges $1.99 for 3 balls and from what i see thats about enough for one round of golf. Here is the catch thou. If you never play to the 18th hole your "balls" never get used. So you can play for forever practicings until your tourny and then use the 3 balls for the tourny.

there also is a premium account i see for $10 a month which is unlimited play.

I have not been given the details on if opfth only gets credit from ticket sales ($10 cards) or if we get a cut of the online sales to recharge your account or buy balls or monthly fees. Thats what i am waiting on.

I was hoping to get things set up before i leave on vcacation for 2 weeks but the guy working with me has been slow in getting back to me. So it will wait and go live about aug 7th.

i am playing it right now and it is addictive. I can see where its just live the golden tee and play style and records and stats like TW

anyone that has played either (like me) and thought, WOW- IF ONLY YOU COULD PLAY THIS ONLINE! well, you can!

it will be fun. I think a monthly tourny instead of weekly. And you dont all have to be online to play the tourny at one time. you can play at any time you want and your scores count for the finals.

so we can say, lets go play a round and play or you can play on your own. AND, you can play as many times that month and it takes your best scores on that course . so , you screw up a round? so what, play it again tomorrow!

:)