• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gonna try again.....

smokelaw1

Cigar Ambassador
I tried gettnig into pipes a few years ago, but did not yet participate in this forum, and was really flying blind. Can someone recommend a "starter set" type of deal that would include everything that a beginner would need? Oh, and a nice starter tobacco would eb nice too. Ideally, I could order it all from one place.
Thanks, guys.

I tried gettnig into pipes a few years ago, but did not yet participate in this forum, and was really flying blind. Can someone recommend a "starter set" type of deal that would include everything that a beginner would need? Oh, and a nice starter tobacco would eb nice too. Ideally, I could order it all from one place.
Thanks, guys.

I buy my pipes at the B&M shops. Sure I could find them on the net cheaper, but in a shop, I can get a feel for the pipe and know if its for me. So I cant really help there but for the pipe tobacco, I can arrange for some house blends that I have enjoyed many times over from the shop. Just let me know and we can go from there. :thumbs:

Thanks, guys.

I buy my pipes at the B&M shops. Sure I could find them on the net cheaper, but in a shop, I can get a feel for the pipe and know if its for me. So I cant really help there but for the pipe tobacco, I can arrange for some house blends that I have enjoyed many times over from the shop. Just let me know and we can go from there. :thumbs:

I should make a run down to the B&M, they sell pipes at the one closest to my house (JimD's shop). Once I actually get to that, I will shoot you a PM for tobacco and smoking adivce if that's cool. Thanks. I need another way to enjoy burning the leaf!

Thanks, guys.

I should make a run down to the B&M, they sell pipes at the one closest to my house (JimD's shop). Once I actually get to that, I will shoot you a PM for tobacco and smoking adivce if that's cool. Thanks. I need another way to enjoy burning the leaf!

PM me - We'll go to Jim's. That's were I got my first pipe :love: !!!

<sure - another reason to look like the bad guy!>

Thanks, guys.

PM me - We'll go to Jim's. That's were I got my first pipe :love: !!!

<sure - another reason to look like the bad guy!>

Didn't know you smoked a pipe, Gary. By the way, I got in last night, and Laurie was confused as hell..."Why did you leave...now all your friends are going to think I'm a bitch." Man, I need to learn to read her better. We should absolutley hit Jim's. Unless, of course, I wind up buyig one this weekend in the city.

Sounds like you've already made your decision, but a web dealer I've done business with just posted on ASP that he has put together a "Beginner's Kit".

These are estate pipes, but Frenchy don't sell no junk!

If you're curious, take a look at Frenchy's

Actually, in checking back in with his site, the pipes in the beginner's kit are new pipes. Since Frenchy won't sell anything he hasn't tried himself (among his new pipes), I'm sure these will be decent smokers.

Hey smokelaw,
i just picked up a starter kit over at www.frenchyspipes.com for 18 bucks.... a pipe, cleaners, multitool, bag of tobacco, and pipe lighter.... great deal, check it out!

err.... edited because psytek said the same thing

I put together my own starter kit over at Pipes and Cigars.

- Savinelli Duca Carlo Briar
- Zippo pipe lighter
- Columbus Leather Combo pouch
- Pipe cleaners
- Tool

All for $85 shipped. But like Loren said, if you have access to a good B&M, holding the pipe and feeling it is better for ya. I just don't have that luxury.

I'm happy with what I got for now though, will probably grab a Nording after I get back from leave.

Smokelaw1,

If you want to ask questions, go for it. I will answer to the best of my ability and if I dont know, I sure can find out. The best pipe guy I know has been smoking, selling, buying pipes since the 1960's. So if he doesnt know, then its a bad sign. :(

Thanks, man. I am going to head out to pick up a "beginner" pipe, and a kind BOTL has already been nice enough to agree to send me a few tobaccos to try.
I've read quite a bit about how to break in a bowl, and think I understand. If you have any particular advice in that regards, I would be happy to hear it.