• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good B&M in Irvine CA

Renefatdude

The Flying Dutchman
Does anybody knows were to find a good b&m here: Irvine, CA 92614?
My sister is there for here work and wants to bring my some cigars back home!

Thanks in advance,

Rene

There are a few good ones in the area. Try:

Hi-Time Wine Cellars
(800) 331-3005
250 Ogle St, Costa Mesa, CA
(great selection and prices are pretty much MSRP)

Siglo Cigar Lounge
(949) 553-1891
1000 Bristol St N, Newport Beach, CA
(Awesome selection of Fuentes but very high prices!)

There's also a Tinder Box in the South Coast Plaza Mall and they have good prices and a decent selection.

There's also this one (but I've never been there):

Club Aficionado Cigar & Wine
(949) 829-8474
23828 El Toro Rd, Lake Forest, CA

These locations are all very close to Irvine. Drop me a pm if she needs any help.

There is a place, over at the former Block of Orange in Garden Grove, called Cohiba's. It's small but very airy. The prices are ok. The good thing is location. It's around 4 or 5 eateries with micro brews and food. Maybe a 2 min walk to the furthest. You can set on the patio's and smoke, drink and eat. Great when you have an hour or two for relaxing and watching all the talent stroll by.

- KiltLad

There is a place, over at the former Block of Orange in Garden Grove, called Cohiba's. It's small but very airy. The prices are ok. The good thing is location. It's around 4 or 5 eateries with micro brews and food. Maybe a 2 min walk to the furthest. You can set on the patio's and smoke, drink and eat. Great when you have an hour or two for relaxing and watching all the talent stroll by.

- KiltLad

Not to knock this place, but if it is the one inside the Block, last time I walked it seemed that prices were a bit too high. Also could you explain to me how their humidification system works. They have no walk-in humidor. They leave cigars out and the door to the shop is open, so how do they maintain humidity or temperature?

Yes Joebiech, I do admit their system is kind of strange. I've bought/smoked 6 cigars from them and they were fine. Not dry at all.

- KiltLad

Does anybody knows were to find a good b&m here: Irvine, CA 92614?
My sister is there for here work and wants to bring my some cigars back home!

Thanks in advance,

Rene

+1 for HiTimes...plus, your sister can pick up some great rums and pretty much everything else you can think of at a great price. Their liquor selection is incredible!
On the other hand, if your sister has more time, order the smokes online so you can avoid the dreaded CA tax.

How could you forget the "Cuban Cigar Factory" in the Irvine Spectrum? One of the nicer cigar shops I buy from and it's right across the freeway from where I work :D You pay "Irvine prices" at that shop, but their selection is a lot better than your average humidor-in-a-bong-shop.

Last time I was at the "Cuban Cigar Factory," they were telling new customers that only "men" smoke Gurkhas. True, their selection is larger than an average bong shop, but it pales in comparison to the other places named above. Their prices are well beyond msrp (think x2 at least).

The sales guy there has never said anything like that to me. He must have been joking. He has been nothing but nice and complimented all my selections. One time I actually let him pick one for me, and after a few minutes of telling him what I was looking for he was able to recommend something that was perfect. He seems genuinely into the cigar world, unlike other shops I have gone to.

Also, the prices are obviously inflated. I mean, seriously inflated, like you said. It's in the heart of Irvine at a freakin mall for godsakes. But when you work less than a mile from there, and you go to Yardhouse, D&B, Wahoo's, etc all the time for lunch, it's hard not to pop in and grab a smoke for later.