• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Morning S / BOTL - 2013

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. The NASCAR drivers are arriving in Daytona today for Speedweek and the build up to next weekend's Daytona 500. This Sunday, they will qualify for the 500, hold the Advanced Auto Parts Clash (the previous season's pole position winners): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Auto_Parts_Clash. They will also race on Thursday to determine the final lineup for Sunday's 500: https://www.nascar.com/monster-energy-nascar-cup-series/2019/schedule/. It'll be a busy week of racing and always fun to watch. Anyway, enjoy all and hope to see a few of the locals tonight for a cigar or two........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night, the place was packed and we all enjoyed top shelf stogies. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys a favorite or two or....... :p

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's a brisk Sunday morning as we speak. The NASCAR drivers will qualify for next Sunday's Daytona 500 today at noon as well as race the Advanced Auto Parts Clash (the previous season's pole position winners): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Auto_Parts_Clash at 1500 (3pm). I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great day yesterday with family and friends at West Point celebrating my niece and nephew's conformation festivities. Came home later on and watched the Clash which was rain shorten to give Jimmie Johnson the win. We have winter snow storm heading our way tomorrow which is calling for 3 to 5 inches of the white stuff.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.43491380000006&lon=-74.03644119999996#.XGFQJql7mi4

Only problem is that Beth and I are suppose to be flying out tomorrow evening of Newburgh Stewart Airport at 2000 (8pm) down to Fort Lauderdale for the week. We're going to the Great Smoke cigar event on Saturday at the Southern Florida Fair Grounds along with a couple of pre-events on Thursday and Friday. We're waiting on the word from Jet Blue to lift the rescheduling fees to re-book for Wednesday. Fingers crossed and all. Anyway, have a great week everyone and enjoy....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great day yesterday with family and friends at West Point celebrating my niece and nephew's conformation festivities. Came home later on and watched the Clash which was rain shorten to give Jimmie Johnson the win. We have winter snow storm heading our way tomorrow which is calling for 3 to 5 inches of the white stuff.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.43491380000006&lon=-74.03644119999996#.XGFQJql7mi4

Only problem is that Beth and I are suppose to be flying out tomorrow evening of Newburgh Stewart Airport at 2000 (8pm) down to Fort Lauderdale for the week. We're going to the Great Smoke cigar event on Saturday at the Southern Florida Fair Grounds along with a couple of pre-events on Thursday and Friday. We're waiting on the word from Jet Blue to lift the rescheduling fees to re-book for Wednesday. Fingers crossed and all. Anyway, have a great week everyone and enjoy....... :)

Hope you have a great trip. ENJOY!!!

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on for a while now and it's beginning to snow here in the Hudson Valley. We were lucky enough to reschedule our flights for tomorrow, jetBlue waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling Tuesday, February 12, 2019.

https://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlerts/WeatherUpdate.aspx/?intcmp=global_travelalert

This will give us plenty of time to clear the drive and walk ways today as well as pack and get to the airport tomorrow. Enjoy your day all and remember to be safe out there......... :)

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's President's Day. Beth and I got home late last night and we had a great time in Florida. The Great Smoke was an excellent cigar event, a must for all cigar enthusiasts. While in Florida, we went to the West Palm Zoo, took a bus/boat tour on the DivaDuck: https://divaduck.com/. Had some great meals both in Boynton Beach and in West Palm. Stopped in a number of establishments for adult beverages and visited both West Palm & Boynton Beach Smoke Inn cigar lounges. All in all, it was a great 5 days. We got to watch the Daytona 500 on the flight home (Jetblue), congrats to Denny Hamlin for taking the checkered flag. Enjoy your week everyone........ :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Tuesday after being off for a week. Finished unpacking yesterday, shoveled the drive and walkways (snow and ice covered), picked up the window screens (re-screened and they look great), and then went to the monthly American Legion meeting in New Windsor. I didn't get a chance to post the Wings for Warriors - Quad State Herf 14 thread like I wanted to, rest assured it'll get done this week. The date will be the 3rd of August and the venue will be Lake Frederick as it's been for the past few years. Enjoy your day and remember to be safe out there........ :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0400 as we had another Adverse Weather Conference Call early this morning. We had frozen rain all night and the temps won't go above freezing until after 0800 (8am). The driveway is a sheet of ice and I'll be going out shortly to try and scrape it up and put down some salt. We'll be heading over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening to enjoy a stogie or two and see how all the local S/BOTL are doing. As a side note, the Quad State Herf sold out in less than a day, the Stand By List has been started. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday. We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, the place was packed and all. This weekend, the NASCAR drivers are in Atlanta with two races tomorrow (the Gander Outdoor Truck Series & the Xfinity Series) and then on Sunday the Monster Energy Cup Series races:

https://www.nascar.com/weekend-schedule/atlanta-2019

Also this weekend sports wise, there's plenty of NHL and NBA action. Enjoy everyone....... :)

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's a rainy Sunday morning here in the Hudson Valley. Pretty much gonna hang around the house today, go to the market for a couple of things and then sit back and watch the NASCAR race from Atlanta. I hope everyone has a relaxing day as well and enjoys........ :)

Good morning, Carlie. Glad to see yer doing well. Hoping to get up that way for the Herf this year. Take care.

Floyd T

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and all. Floyd, it will be great seeing you as always. Definitely hope you can make it to this year's QSH. Well, the wind has finally calmed down as it's been gusting up to the 50 to 60 miles an hour for the past couple of days blowing all sorts of stuff around the area. We have a small snow storm coming through the Hudson Valley tomorrow evening with prediction of 3 to 5 inches. I can't wait for the Spring to arrive as I'm getting tired of this stuff. Anyway, enjoy all........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". I just check NOAA and the snow amounts have dropped a bit for us here in the region. They are calling for 1 to 3 inches which is a lot easier to manage. Enjoy everyone and be safe out there........ :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. Snow wise, we only got a dusting here in the Hudson Valley over night. Come on Spring! Anyway, enjoy all and hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a great time at Schlesinger's last night as we celebrated my dear friend's (Joe Colombo) retirement after 43 years (20 years Army & 23 years federal service) to this great nation of ours. Weather wise, it's currently snowing outside and hopefully we don't get to much. This evening, we're going to the Army hockey game at West Point vs. Bentley, should be a good game. Also this weekend, the NASCAR racers are in Las Vegas; MLB Spring Training is in full swing; and the NHL and NBA teams are playing for playoff positions. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :)