• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good pop-up camper, Jeep towed. Yay? Nay?

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
Heyo...no worries if this thread doesn't get much traction (see what I did there...Jeep, 4-WD...eh), but am wondering about thoughts and experiences with pop up campers. As my AF career comes to a close in the next year or so, I've been considering getting a good pop-up. Tents and ground sleeping were fine for a long time, but, eh, not so much these days!  Anyone here have advice or experience to share? Looking for kitchen, Air, etc., towable by Wrangler.

Y'all have a great weekend!

-Trey

I know when I looked at the Camper shows people were telling me don't pull it with my Wrangler unlimited. Should probably research what you can pull as a good starting point.

CBoukal said:
I know when I looked at the Camper shows people were telling me don't pull it with my Wrangler unlimited. Should probably research what you can pull as a good starting point.

Hmm...there you go. The kind of advice and thought food I was looking for. Thanks!

-Trey

(Are you sort of, maybe, kinda endorsing me to buy a big-ass truck? 'Cause, I could, you know...I mean...if it would help!! :p )

Aspen's line of popups may be a bit more "camping" than what it sounds like you're looking for, but they're very well made and have a good reputation and you can definitely pull one with your Wrangler---you can pull them with a Gold Wing or Harley! 

http://aspenqualitytrailers.com

~Boar

I don't have any advice on a camper, but look on www.jeepforum.com.  IIRC, there is a whole subforum on there on camping, and a metric shit tonne of different campers.  

Did you get another Jeep after her tragic demise?  What did you get?