• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Goodbye Connie!

Gavin

Goodbye Connie!

You've been a great date for so many years. Sure, the other girls may have fancier clothes, but you always know how to show a guy a good time. You may not always look perfect, but most of the time you look pretty good, and your personality goes a long way. You're not stuck up like some of the others. You're under forty years old, and I was sure we had plenty of years left together. I was wrong, and I for one will miss you.

Most of you probably know, but the Cofradia, Honduras, factory owned by General Cigar (formerly Villazon) closed down on December 11th, 2009. They have centralized their operations in the Danli factory (formerly owned by UST). With that move, the deal for all the factory seconds from Cofradia, which we know as Consuegras, has ended. As far as I know, the Dominican Consuegras will still be produced, as they originate from Tabacalera Menendez y Garcia in the DR. But the original Cofradia Consuegras will soon be a thing of the past.. It remains to be seen if Lew Rothman will broker a similar deal with General for the Danli factory seconds, or perhaps a similar deal with Frank Llaneza (former owner of Villazon) at NATSA.

So goodbye, Connie. It's been great.

If you know anything about these business deals, or I got anything wrong, please let me know. Now it's time for a one dollar cigar...

Yes, I read this, it does suck, the connie was always a cigar I could count on for a good smoke. I have some #9's stockpiled I may have to buy some more if I get the chance! I have a feeling that Lew will broker another deal, I am sure the connie was a big seller for him!!!

Yes I think I will go smoke one now...

I think a trip to Paramus is in my very near future, Connie has been very, very good to me over the years...she will be missed, but I will never regret a moment spent with her.

A bundle of Connie #9's was the first major cigar purchase I made. It's sad to see them go. I've never had a plugged or poorly constructed one, and only one or two where the flavour was a tad off. Excellent cigar considering they're seconds.

If it's worth it to him I'm sure Lew Rothman will keep the Connies flowing.