• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Goose Island Bourbon County Vanilla, Rare, etc...

Jamie76

I've heard a lot about the Goose Island beers on here and other sites. Living in the Tucson area, I'm yet to see any of these. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Goose Island being a Chicago area brewery so little if any gets this far west. For those out there familiar with the Rare Bourbon County Stout/Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Vanilla Stout, are there any alternatives out there easier to find that are comparable to these?

I've heard a lot about the Goose Island beers on here and other sites. Living in the Tucson area, I'm yet to see any of these. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Goose Island being a Chicago area brewery so little if any gets this far west. For those out there familiar with the Rare Bourbon County Stout/Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Vanilla Stout, are there any alternatives out there easier to find that are comparable to these?
I think you may want to look for Ten Fidy ...

I think you may want to look for Ten Fidy ...

Heh while great, Ten Fidy isn't in the same league IMO.

There really are no regularly available Bourbon County Stout equivalents, let alone a Vanilla, Coffee, or Rare equivalent. Barrel Aged beers are typically pretty expensive and limited. I've spent $20 a bomber and as much as $30 a bottle on things like this. There are cheaper versions like Weyerbacher Heresy or some of the Tyranena barrel aged things but they probably aren't available in Tucson either. I know Arizona gets Firestone Walker...they have a barrel aged stout called Parabola that was released a while ago although it may be hard to find by now. Deschutes Abyss should be in Arizona as well and it's pretty damn good.

Find a place online that ships and order from them or try to trade for them on here or other beer related sites. That's how I've been able to acquire these things.