• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got ANOTHER humidor!

LarryLarry

Well I was at the JR store and wouldn't you know it they had a beautiful H.Upmann humidor I just had to own. So I got it.

Just got done treating the interior (more on what I do later) and its seasoning for the next 24 hours at least.

This will be my frequent use humidor allowing my other one to act as an aging vessel. This one will see frequent movement and the other will only see refills and periodic rotation of the stock. So here is the thing: real estate in this new humidor is limited. What I need is a humidifier that will take up little space on the floor of my humidor. Ideally the smaller the footprint the better but I realize I lose surface area. I am inclined to just do what I have always done and outlined in another thread. Only problem is, my experience has usually been with taller humidor than this one so even if I lost lots of space on the floor it wasn't an issue.

CLIFFS: What do you guys suggest for the SMALLEST FOOTPRINT humidifier for 50 cigars or so.

Well I was at the JR store and wouldn't you know it they had a beautiful H.Upmann humidor I just had to own. So I got it.

Just got done treating the interior (more on what I do later) and its seasoning for the next 24 hours at least.

This will be my frequent use humidor allowing my other one to act as an aging vessel. This one will see frequent movement and the other will only see refills and periodic rotation of the stock. So here is the thing: real estate in this new humidor is limited. What I need is a humidifier that will take up little space on the floor of my humidor. Ideally the smaller the footprint the better but I realize I lose surface area. I am inclined to just do what I have always done and outlined in another thread. Only problem is, my experience has usually been with taller humidor than this one so even if I lost lots of space on the floor it wasn't an issue.

CLIFFS: What do you guys suggest for the SMALLEST FOOTPRINT humidifier for 50 cigars or so.

Beads. Heartfelt sells them loose, or packaged into tubes, round or rectangular pucks. One 1 oz. tube should be provide of humidification for the size of your humidor, and the tube is about the size of one cigar. The pucks can be lid mounted like most humidifiers so they won't take up the main storage space, but depending on how high you stack your cigars, there may be some interference. One other option is the humidity sheets they also sell. I haven't used them and don't know how their performance compares to the beads, but you can look into that too.

Cool, I think the cigar shaped humidifiers are the best bet too. I just remembered those exist when you mentioned them.

I'll get a couple choice pictures of my new humidor and my pyramid humidor up tonight.

I've been using the drymistat tubes. Cannot complain. Just add water and wholla! anybody else like or dislike those?

I've been using the drymistat tubes. Cannot complain. Just add water and wholla! anybody else like or dislike those?
I've got two drymist tubes, been working great so far, can't complain. I did just order some heartfelt beads in the tube though to see what all the hub bub's about. I'm sure I wont be disapointed.