• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got me a new rifle today!

FireFighter 227

Custom job by Adam from Ballistic Advantage. It uses a Spikes Tactical .22lr bolt, modified a bit to run reliably with the 17hm2 round. I was originally going to get a .22lr setup, but decided on the .17hm2, as its far superior and still a whole lot cheaper than .223/5.56 (500 rounds for $45 shipped) Makes a good varmint/target rifle. To give you an idea, you sight in a 17hm2 rifle at 25 yards and its dead accurate at 100 yards - shoots incredibly flat compared to a .22lr - and a whole lot faster at 2150+ fps.

Any of you own any .17hm2 or .17hmr rifles? This is my first. Very anxious to get it out to the range and pecan orchard for squirrel shootin.

This upper will end up on the spikes lower that I started building today.

balladvew9.jpg

rightclosekc3.jpg

rightsidesr6.jpg

mirrorqd9.jpg

cimg3113ys1.jpg

Very nice,
I have a few ar's of my own. I do like to build them and shoot them, I ask myself all the time am I going to buy sticks or .223 this month with my allowence. Sticks usally win do to me having over 10000 rounds. But I love my hobbies.
Josh

It looks like what happens if my M1A1 had a punk kid. How long it it fully extended?

That is just beautiful, congrats. I'm jealous, I wish I could talk the Wifey into a new toy like that.

That is very nice man.
Is this come from the job or you can just go and buy one in a store?
Not specific this one,but in general.
Here,you go to hell until you get a weapons Permit.
Even then only a gun, not all this crazy rifles you all have in your collection.

The receiver in the bottom photograph is interesting; looks like its got a 3-shot burst position on the safety, and it looks brand new. How did you get a legal transfer on that?

I have a .17 HMR in a bolt action.

Fun little caliber! I use it for the closer prairie dogs and to let my barrel on my other rifles cool down.

Congrats, if you find a good deal on ammo for it, please let me know! :whistling:

Thanks for all the replies!

If the wind isn't acting up tomorrow, I'll take it out for a range/accuracy report and put a good hundred or so rounds through it.

It looks like what happens if my M1A1 had a punk kid. How long it it fully extended?

33" or so fully extended. The barrel appears as a 13" barrel due to the fact that rimfire barrels recede into the receiver 1.5"

The receiver in the bottom photograph is interesting; looks like its got a 3-shot burst position on the safety, and it looks brand new. How did you get a legal transfer on that?

It's more or less there for looks, or at least gives you the option in the future if you have the means for it.

That is very nice man.
Is this come from the job or you can just go and buy one in a store?
Not specific this one,but in general.
Here,you go to hell until you get a weapons Permit.
Even then only a gun, not all this crazy rifles you all have in your collection.

Here in the states, you can simply go to your local dealer and purchase such a rifle...at least for now. We'll see what the Obama administration and the rest of the democrats do to that.

I am very jealous. must be nice not to live in a Ban state. Looks like she is going to be a blast.

Edit: Are you a member over on ARFCOM?

It would be fun to put a suppressor on that rifle. :D

I guess you could use a .22 AAC Pilot and it would work somewhat. Also Gemtech is making suppressors specifically for the 17 HM2 round.

Looking good. An ar15 is the next gun on my list to get. Except I'm gonna stick with .223.

At AR15.com the Humidor forum is very peaceful the most civil on the whole site. Some good people in there willing to help out, I know there are a few people here that post over there hmm Elderboy comes to mind, also me my screen name there is hkusp_40 drop me a line there would be happy to talk to you always good to meet BOTL.
Josh