• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got pets?

Here is a pic of my Yorkie w/ his freshly shaven short cut.

Glad to see someone else who keeps the hair short. We plan on letting it grow out this winter, just to see what she looks like with the long hair.

My 2 yr. old boxer Bruno

P9080024-1.jpg

Our two Australian shepherds, named after characters from George Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire - (Jorah is on the left, Bronn on the right)

bronn-jorah.jpg

Great thread even if it's been done before

Here's Casey

casey.jpg

I found him at a shelter in Marina del Rey, California back at the beginning of April this year. I can't really understand how/why someone would want to give up such a cool dog. He's all beagle and 45 pounds when I got him. He's been on a diet and approaching his target weight of 35-38 pounds. This is the food he eats (he also gets the jerky treats for snacks). He gets out for a couple walks, morning and night, every day.

Recently Casey discovered his singing voice and has decided at various times of day and night to 'bay' out some of his favorite tunes. Other neighborhood dogs frequently join in as well.

If you're looking for a fantastic pet please try 1 800 save a pet :thumbs:

Here is a pic of my Yorkie w/ his freshly shaven short cut.

Glad to see someone else who keeps the hair short. We plan on letting it grow out this winter, just to see what she looks like with the long hair.

I prefer the shorter look. Definitely adds a more youthful appearance, to match his high energy level.
We grow it out near winter...to keep him a bit warmer during that time. But for summer...definitely the short coat.

Great thread!

Here's Kaya, who we lost two Thanksgivings ago, and still is in our thoughts very often...one of the nest dogs I have ever known, if not the best...springer/lab mix:

Kayasheadshot.jpg

Then there is Kacey, or, as Grateful1 calls her, dancing-princess-pees-on-shoes....Aussie Shep/beagle mix:

Eight weeks, first day home:

kacey8weeks.jpg

16 weeks or so, first hike with "Dad."

meandkaceyontheridge.jpg

Gary with a 98 Lusitania, probably with pee on his shoes:

3824747f.jpg

First snow:

IMG_0109.jpg

First fire in the new house:

IMG_1111-1.jpg

In her new favorite chair:

IMG_1135.jpg

Here's a linky to my new family member - Hailey.

..and here's what the post has:

Hailey
Rottweiler
Female, 1-2 yrs

Lovely Lady, Hailey, offers everything that is good about this breed. She is friendly, gentle, and calm. Although she doesn't seem to know her commands yet (she's learning), her inherent good nature and great manners make her responsive to our wishes nonetheless. When she hears her name in a pleasant, inviting voice, she turns and offers her big happy grin, delighted and grateful for your attention.

She walks beautifully on the leash, even though with her strength, she could certainly take a slight person for a tow. And she really seems to enjoy walking along with her person, as well as other dogs. While she is very good with other dogs, given a choice, she certainly prefers the attention of a person.

Hailey-huh---fem-Rott-May-07.gif
Hailey-profile---fem-Rott--may07.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So - I went to the pound and a pup found me!

Hailey listens - somewhat - know's 'sit' and 'heal'.

I've been told she like to chase motorcycles and eat small , we'll have to work on that!

Pick up is scheduled for 10 am this Sat - figures....right in the middle of my tee-time....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how she found me:

I looked at a bunch of shelters around Central CT.
The Humane Scociety and Local dog wardens had the least expensive adoption fee (form $100 and under).
The 'Shelters' and 'Kennels' tended to cost upwards of $250-$500.

This dog was part of
Protectors of Animals. A group in central CT. Hailey was actually kenneled in my home town - right down the rode from my house...too funny!

Use Petfinder to help narrow the search. Puppies go fast.

---------------------------------------------------

To date - she's been reasonable well mannered - actually very well. She had some 'night howl's' while sleeping a few times...bad dreams...but all in all she's great.

---------------------------------------------------

Here's a linky to a 2005 thread about the Pet's of CPr's. linky

Three years ago we rescued a 4 yo Greyhound. It was an interesting learning experience for her, and for the Wife & I.

Here's Styxie yesterday when I got home from work:

Styxie.jpg

I swear that this dog sleeps more than a cat.

my aussie named "fox".

DSC04050.jpg

and this is hanging proudly over my mantle in the living room.

familywithfox.jpg
[/img]

Update: my four

HPIM0301.jpg

BTW on Friday I pulled a 10 week old kitten out of a gutter on a busy city street. I know she had been there for at least 2 weeks. Animal control wanted nothing to do with her. I couldn't get her out and it was somewhat dangerous to screw around there. Last Friday I finally managed to very carefully grab her by the scruff and throw her in a box. I took her to the vet, got her checked out and got all her shots.

Free to a good home, will post pics if anyone is interested.

Three years ago we rescued a 4 yo Greyhound. It was an interesting learning experience for her, and for the Wife & I.

Here's Styxie yesterday when I got home from work:

Styxie.jpg

I swear that this dog sleeps more than a cat.

"The Flop" as I like to call it (dog with all four sticking up in the air and sometimes accompanied by a muzzle hanging off the couch) is always a sign of a happy dog.

Great pictures everyone!

mac

Here's Smoky, (named for the mountains, btw) my nearly 4 year old Weimaraner:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

As some may know...Hailey died late last year.

While she was 'my' dog we (the now wife and I) have a total of 4 (again).

We had Hailey, Patches, Cody and Monty.
Hailey and Cody have gone over the Rainbow bridge ...and Willow and Kivrin have found their way to us.

Kivrin (English Shepard - pup), Montgomery - aka Monty (Great Pyreness), Patches (English Shepard), Willow (Possible Aussie or Aussie/mix)

Kivrin and Monty
18813883_10213275091370600_7387415670817588896_n.jpg
Kivrin, Patches and Willow
18767440_10213275090250572_6652467417660441853_n.jpg

Kivrin (a couple weeks ago)
18813220_10213248275260214_5040189781111726496_n.jpg

19143771_10213419759547214_5764344188885148962_o.jpg

One looks like a border mix....we just rescued one of those.

Maybe it's because I saw this thread (or Tim's, maybe), last night, but I was just woken from a very real dream about finding a dog that had run away from us many years ago. It was one of those dreams, as dreams do, that was fluid and things and details morphed and changed -- yet still made perfect sense to the story for some reason -- and the emotions of loss and then happiness were nearly tangible.

I know I am ready for a new pup now, and I want one (as do the kids, of course), but it's just not the right time. Then again, the kids aren't getting any younger and every kid deserves to grow up with a good dog (or maybe more than one over time?)...

Gary, those are all high maintenance dogs. To each his own, but it's tick season, and your grass looks a little high.

Doc

She's taking tick stuff. Works great.
That Shot was on a hike with the Mrs.
Who knows where. :)

This is Jacob, "my boy"

IMG_2059.PNG

He was so cute as a puppy

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2058.PNG

And our 14 year old Shih Tzu Baby

IMG_2060.PNG

Attachments