• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got sent some ISOMs...

moki

el Presidente
I was sent some ISOMs that I've never had... would appreciate some input on whether they are any good, what the taste profiles of them are, etc.:

Hoyo De Deputes Cab 9/98
Hoyo des Dieux Cab 11/2000
Fonseca Invictos 11/98

...anyone?

I've had a Depute from '00 and '01. Both were decent. The '00 I kept a little too wet thus burned poorly. The '01 burned well and tasted superb. Good small smokes.

Those '98 Deputes are some of my favorite cigars! Excellent little PC loaded with flavor. I would suggest smoking them with a good cup of coffee to help bring out some of the coffee taste in that cigar.

Haven't had the Deux yet, but my understanding is they are the best of the Hoyo line. Not sure at all about the Fonseca.

Sam

The Fonseca is a Perfecto; one of the first ISOM Perfecto's I've seen. No idea what it tastes like tho...

I've only had one ISOM Fonseca and it wasn't an Invictos. I wasn't overly impressed. I have heard that the the Invictos though is a good cigar. I think in the end your just going to have decide for yourself on that one.

The Hoyo's on the other hand :love: are good cigars and when aged are superb! I have a stock of '98's and '02 or '03's right now and you can definately taste the difference in them. The newer ones are good as well, but come shy of the taste of the '98's and I believe it is mainly because of age.

Sam

Ditto on the hoyo 98's. The '98 depute is definitely one of my favorites. As for the fonseca, the one's I've had have been somewhat mild but still good.

Make sure you take the tissue off, :sign:

The Hoyo cabinet line is superb, each and every vitola. My favorites are the de Depute and the du Gourmet. Fonseca is a lower end line of cigars from the island. Not bad for the money, but not what you would call a premium Havana. The Invictos will be discontinued, or already have been. They are the best of the line, IMHO.

The Hoyos are very good. The only Fonsecas I've had are the Cosacos and they are just too blah for me.