• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got some cigars at name redacted

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I was in Tampa with my wife this weekend for a little R&R, so we went to the above referenced store/warehouse. They had a lot of the Christmas Fuente stuff, so I bought my limit of stuff. The price was right, MSRP. You could get 2 of each Anjeo and 4 of the Hemmingways, so I got the stuff I wanted and went back to the car where my wife was. I said to here "here is a few bucks go back in and get 2 more 55's" She was kind enough to go back and TRY to get them. The older fellow got the cigars and was about to ring her out when the younger guy a real DWE (dick with ears) :laugh: said he saw her get out of the car and since she was with me she wasn't a separate person so he f'n didn't let her buy them. I thought that was total BS and just thought I would let everyone know. I thought that was silly and totally out of line. But, what the hell, just thought I would post the warning, I guess if you and your wife want 2 slugs of the allowable amount you should take two cars. :laugh:

Haha... I can't believe that the younger guy was paying so much attention. Nice try though!

That's too bad.

Any shop I've been in(so far) has allowed the other person with me to get a set as well.

We made no effort to be "seperate" at Casa Fuente. They had no problem with it.

This dickweed had a problem with it. Happy to hear Casa did not. Vegas isan't bad either.

That makes no damn sense at all. What if she wanted to smoke the sharks herself?

That is pretty effed up!... I would almost call Darlene and let her know that they gave you a hard time like that. It's not like you had 15 people with you trying to scam on the limit.

YEAH..THATS TOTAL BS...SO IF YOU AND A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WANTED TO BUY SEPERATE, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO DRIVE SEPERATE CARS?? OR LET SCATTER BEFORE YOU ENTER THE LOT AND WALK IN SEPERATE TIMES!! hA hA hA WHAT A JOKE......

YEAH..THATS TOTAL BS...SO IF YOU AND A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WANTED TO BUY SEPERATE, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO DRIVE SEPERATE CARS?? OR LET SCATTER BEFORE YOU ENTER THE LOT AND WALK IN SEPERATE TIMES!! hA hA hA WHAT A JOKE......

Whats with the caplock???

That is pretty effed up!... I would almost call Darlene and let her know that they gave you a hard time like that. It's not like you had 15 people with you trying to scam on the limit.

Do you know Darlene? Does she own it? I posted because I knew someone here would know the ropes there. I will call if you think she would like to hear about the "experience".

I used to make LARGE orders from them 4-5 times a year. Now that they keep restricting everything, and have poor customer service, I've pretty much stopped ordering from them... It's a shame really.

That makes no damn sense at all. What if she wanted to smoke the sharks herself?

Uhh...not that it really matters but the sharks are the 77's. The 55's are regulsr torps.

At those prices they don't have limit much of anything. I have a $26 Shark in my humi to prove it!

Sharks MSRP for around $175/bx. Some people are willing to pay more for these I suppose :)

Uhh...not that it really matters but the sharks are the 77's. The 55's are regulsr torps.

At those prices they don't have limit much of anything. I have a $26 Shark in my humi to prove it!

Sharks MSRP for around $175/bx. Some people are willing to pay more for these I suppose :)

Lemon: You are of course correct, it was a case of typing faster than brain as I do have a little experience with the anejo line, I typed my reply without looking back at the original post. For some reason I read 55 and thought 77. It still seems odd that they would refuse to sell her anejos of whatever vitola simply because she was in the same car though. They are two different people...

Larry that is just a poor business model! How can they deny a sale based on I saw her in the same car. If the limit is per customer, it doesn't matter if you came in together. You are both separate customers. Just a poor way of running a business.

The only 2 times I have dealt with TS they have been absolutely great. Once in store, and once with Darlene over the phone. In the shop last spring, Arturo even came out from behind the counter to take a picture with me, and when I called Darlene to order some cigars with custom cello for my soon-to-be-born nephew she was very friendly and the cigars arrived in less time than I thought it would take to emboss the cello. Just my .02

Sometimes it's hard to find good help. If I get jerked around in a business I ask for the manager and explain my displeasure. The young man may have been given his marching orders and took them beyond reason. I go to a local b&m that puts a limit on Opus when they come in. I've taken a few Friends to lunch so we can stop and I can pick up a few extra, never had a problem.

yeah thats pretty stupid, in Casa Fuente i walked in every day with different people so i could buy more then the limit and i didnt even have to seperate the bill. Shoot i was about to grab 12 people off the street just to go in and get a box

Stupid.

Business should want our $$ given today's economy. Rules are meant to be broken. :whistling: