• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got some new cigars

moki

el Presidente
Picked up a new humidor today, so that I can put my overflow in a proper box; while I was there, I couldn't resist picking up a few cigars to break in the new box. Comments from anyone who has smoked these are welcome, they were all bought on a recommendation from a friend of mine.

2x C.A.O. 1998 Robusto (maduro)
2x Diamond Crown No.6 Maduro Figurado (natural)
2x Diamond Crown No.6 Maduro Figurado (maduro)
4x Ashton Cabinet VSG Belicoso No.1 (maduro)
4x Ashton Cabinet VSG Enchantment (maduro)
2x Zino Platinum Chubby*
2x Zino Platinum Grand Master*
2x CAO 65th Anniversary Tonton

I'm planning to let these guys sit for a while, so if anyone has smoked them, I'd love to hear what you think of them. It'll help me resist smoking them. :)

* I've heard some unkind words about the Zino Platinums, but I figured I'd try them anyway.

Moki -

I gotta ask...What do you do for a living and are you hiring?

Fast4Dr said:
I gotta ask...What do you do for a living and are you hiring?
heh -- I'm blowing my cigar buying wad for some time to come, trust me. I don't think I'll be buying any new cigars for a while now.

Gotta spend the Christmas bonus on something, right?

Any comments on the cigars? Smoked 'em? Liked 'em? Hated 'em?

moki said:
I don't think I'll be buying any new cigars for a while now.
Let's see... hmmm... damn that sounds familiar. Where have I heard that before...

:sign: :sign: :sign:

I have heard that all the Zino Platinums are good cigars but overpriced.

I would never spend money on one, but a cigar shop gave me one for free (a Stout) and I will be smoking it soon.

moki said:
Picked up a new humidor today, so that I can put my overflow in a proper box; while I was there, I couldn't resist picking up a few cigars to break in the new box. Comments from anyone who has smoked these are welcome, they were all bought on a recommendation from a friend of mine.

2x C.A.O. 1998 Robusto (maduro)
2x Diamond Crown No.6 Maduro Figurado (natural)
2x Diamond Crown No.6 Maduro Figurado (maduro)
4x Ashton Cabinet VSG Belicoso No.1 (maduro)
2x Zino Platinum Chubby*
2x CAO 65th Anniversary Tonton

I'm planning to let these guys sit for a while, so if anyone has smoked them, I'd love to hear what you think of them. It'll help me resist smoking them. :)

* I've heard some unkind words about the Zino Platinums, but I figured I'd try them anyway.
The CAO anni Maduro is great cigar, if like full bodied cigars. It has become a standard in my hummi.

The DC's and Zino are good cigars, but they don't warrant the price tag they where. But I had to be able to say I tried them.

The VSG's are great.

brief, but there's my opinion.

M3

The VSG's are a personal fave with the best wrapper in the biz. Very tasty. I haven't tried any of the others.

maduro357 said:
The CAO anni Maduro is great cigar, if like full bodied cigars. It has become a standard in my hummi.
They are quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Awesome looking smoke but I haven't had one yet. Why did you put maduro behing it?? It is Virgin sun grown hence the name. Correct me if I'm wrong

4x Ashton Cabinet VSG Belicoso No.1

Now this on I have had and it is great!

2x Zino Platinum Chubby*

Too weak for me. They are good just weak and expensive.

Well, the VSG Belicoso#1 was a proper smoke, but not a fav.

Haven't even heard of a Zino, (FNG!) and I aspire someday to try a CAO Anni!

I do admire your spirit, though! :D

Oh, and Moki, your profile's a little weak, can ya do something about that??! Thanks!
smiley-faces2.gif

lucasbuck said:
Yes. And the wrapper on the VSG kicks a$$ on any maduro I've had.
I'm not really a fan of the maduro flavor, but I love me some VSG's!

VSG, VSG, VSG!!

VSG YA!!!!!!!!!

Oh those zino's will proly be good smokes, nice rich flavor rather smooth body.

If the CAO Maduro is from 1998, you have a Costa Rican made as part of the original batch. It would say Costa Rica on the band if this is the case. This is IMO better than those made in the last year or so by Perdomo. Either way you will enjoy them.

The Diamond Crowns are considered a "mild" cigar. They have Connecticut Shade wrappers.

I just bought a few #4's recently and smoked one a couple of days ago. Not bad but it burned crooked and even though I prefer stronger cigars, there are those few times when a mild cigar is nice and I did enjoy it but again, I was kinda ticked that it burned crooked. The draw is a little looser that I prefer but the taste and aroma were nice. Unfortunately, these things gor for $10.00 per stick which I think is too much money. I can get lots of Havanas for $10.00 a stick or less so I personally find it very difficult to warrant that kind of money on domestics, even if they are the sacred Fuentes.

Now do you see why if I ever posted at CF, I'd be shown the door immediately? ;)

Pepe said:
If the CAO Maduro is from 1998, you have a Costa Rican made as part of the original batch. It would say Costa Rica on the band if this is the case. This is IMO better than those made in the last year or so by Perdomo. Either way you will enjoy them.
hrm. Well, the CAO Maduro just says "1968" on the left side of the label (which is red), and 1998 on the right side of the label nothing else of note, so I'm not sure what that is. There is nothing about where it was made anywhere.

The CAO Anniversary looks like this:

cao_cigar.jpg