• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got some new cigars

coventrycat86 said:
The Diamond Crowns are considered a "mild" cigar. They have Connecticut Chade wrappers.
Do you know anything about the No. 6's? They look like this:

no6_cigars.jpg

Not trying to be a thread jacker but aren't the Diamond Crown Maximus supposed to be a stronger cigar? That is what I was told by the guy that worked the humidor.

Triple_D said:
Not trying to be a thread jacker but aren't the Diamond Crown Maximus supposed to be a stronger cigar? That is what I was told by the guy that worked the humidor.
From what I understand (I haven't smoked one yet), it is supposed to be a strong cigar, but not as strong as the Opus X.

Triple_D said:
The ones above are not Maximus DC's, they are just regular DC's, the Maximus had a different label and it stronger than the regular DC

moki said:
Pepe said:
If the CAO Maduro is from 1998, you have a Costa Rican made as part of the original batch.  It would say Costa Rica on the band if this is the case.  This is IMO better than those made in the last year or so by Perdomo.  Either way you will enjoy them.
hrm. Well, the CAO Maduro just says "1968" on the left side of the label (which is red), and 1998 on the right side of the label nothing else of note, so I'm not sure what that is. There is nothing about where it was made anywhere.

The CAO Anniversary looks like this:

cao_cigar.jpg
Your description of the CAO Anni Maddie was correct, but that picture didn't look like anything I had seen.

Pepe, the dates on the band are for the anniversary period, and the origin of this wonderful stick is Nic.

M3

maduro357 said:
Your description of the CAO Anni Maddie was correct, but that picture didn't look like anything I had seen.
Maybe I'm getting my terminology mixed up.

The red-banded one in question must be an anniversary of some kind, it is the one with 1968 on one side, and 1998 on the other.

The one that I referred to as an "anniversary" CAO is the one in the picture. It came in a squarish gold "tube" with a signature on it, that I promptly discarded. I'd never seen it before either, which is why I'm soliciting opinions on it, if anyone has tried it.

Pepe said:
If the CAO Maduro is from 1998, you have a Costa Rican made as part of the original batch. It would say Costa Rica on the band if this is the case. This is IMO better than those made in the last year or so by Perdomo. Either way you will enjoy them.
Funny, I have some L'Anivarsaires that say 1968 1998 on the band but nowhere do they say Costa Rica.

Also those DCs look yoummy! The looks like WOAs. I'd love to smoke one of those maduros!

When the CAO maduro was first made they were produced in Costa Rica by Don Douglas. If the band has Costa Rica on it, it's one of Douglas's. Much better than the current maddies. Also the bands that read CAO Maduro Vintage is being made by Torano.

Just picked up a few more random smokes (a few Padrón 1926 of various sizes, a couple of Opus X's/Añejo's, etc., which I've had before), as well as these that are new to me:

2 La Gloria Cubana #7 Series R Maduro
2 La Gloria Cubana #4 Series R Maduro
2 Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso Maduro
2 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story Natural
1 El Rey del Mundo Robusto Largo Obscura

If anyone has any comments on these, please let me know, I'd love to hear 'em. Oddly, though the El Rey del Mundo is supposedly an Obscuro, the wrapper isn't as dark as many of the Maduro's I have (??) -- the Onyx is much darker.

Speaking of the Onyx, one of them smells absolutely wonderful -- sort of a sweet-ish fermented odor, the other one smells like cow dung (literally). They both look identical though... odd.

Also the La Gloria #7 is ridiculously huge, but I figured it might be entertaining to try out.

The Short Story is one of my favorite Non-ISOM quick smokes. The wrapper is sweet and they produce a great amount of smoke. If I only have 30-40 minutes there is a very good chance that I will be reaching for one of these :)

I feel the same, Fast. When I am at work, the Short Story is my "go-to" cigar, because it is a great cigar when I have little time....

ALostTexan

Shadow said:
When the CAO maduro was first made they were produced in Costa Rica by Don Douglas. If the band has Costa Rica on it, it's one of Douglas's. Much better than the current maddies. Also the bands that read CAO Maduro Vintage is being made by Torano.
I've said it before and I'm sayin' it again: We need an "Ask Shadow" column!

(just kidding... I never said it before...)

moki said:
Bat_Chief said:
Oh, and Moki, your profile's a little weak, can ya do something about that??! Thanks!
smiley-faces2.gif
done...

Ah, nothing like getting to know your brothers, thanks Moki!

And smoking a stick at Stone Henge?? GREAT pic, but what DO you do for a living, Moki?! :D

Signed,

A jealous brother who wishes he had half the sticks Moki does!

Bat_Chief said:
Ah, nothing like getting to know your brothers, thanks Moki!

And smoking a stick at Stone Henge?? GREAT pic, but what DO you do for a living, Moki?! :D
I'm still trying to work that out, bat chief.

Wait a minute, what are you doing walking around here? I bombed your ass...

The La Gloria Cubana Series R is a very good line in Maduro IMO. The largest I have had is the #6 and it was a long smoke. These cigars you can usually nub. The #4 is a very good cigar for when you have less time and crave a good maduro.

Don't tell everybody!! More for me! LMAO

LGC Serie R is one of the most under rated cigars out there right now.