• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got some new smokes today

theginguy

Hey all,

I picked up some singles today.

1. PUNCH LONDON CLUB Natural
2. CAO HABANO ROBUSTO
3. PADRON LONDRES Natural
4. FUENTE CUBAN CORONA Natural

I've been trying Maduro's and more fuller cigars. So I thought I would get a little selection of more milder and lighter/natural smokes.

I can't wait to try them. So I was wondering. What is your opinions on these and do you have any recommendations on any that might be in the same category as these?

I would have sworn that I would have preferred the Maduro over the lighter naturals, but I'm finding that I think that I really like the more mild lighter cigars.

One more question. If I like these..... what would be a top shelf cigar in this style that would be a lot better then these?

Something more around $20.00 or so dollars a cigar that I could get from time to time that would be noticeably better then these?

Thanks.

As for the Cuban Corona I absolutly love the maduros.
Great smoke for the money. I have been through a couple boxes. I have had one natural and couldn't stand the thing.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the natural

Wish I could help you out with this man but I've only had the CAO off your list and that was a LOOOOONNNGGG time ago. Probably the first week I started smoking. Sorry man...

Be sure to tell us your thoughts so another person down the road can use your info...

Actually the only one out of this bunch that was OK and on the lighter side was the A Fuente. It was mild and smooth. But not much flavor profile at all.

The Padron and CAO were medium to full flavored.

The Punch just wasn't that good all around.

But I am getting closer to the range that I think I'm interested in.

I believe that I am still looking for a more lighter milder cigar.

I prefer ring gauges between 44 - 52.

I know that I do like Oliva Series V Torp.

I am going to try a NUB CONNECTICUT 354 here sometime soon.

But so far I haven't really found anything that really Tastes yummy.

Is it hard to get really great tasting cigars "off the shelf"? Do most cigars really need to be aged a year or more?

Can anyone make any suggestions on really good mild and lighter cigars that have really made an impression?

Can anyone make any suggestions on really good mild and lighter cigars that have really made an impression?

Have you already tried the Oliva G with the Cameroon wrapper? I tried this in a Churchill and LOVED it. Just bought a box along with the Oliva V and others.

Try getting a 5-pack of Rocky Patel Connecticut off Cigarbid.com. I received one of these in a bomb and it was one of the best mild-medium cigars that I've smoked so far. Loved it !!

...The only problem is that it's only available on Cigar.com and Cigars International (and by extension, Cigarbid). Great smoke though. :)

First I want to thank everyone's help.

I found two excellent cigars today that I'm going to be buying boxes of.

1. AVO CLASSIC

and

2. ROCKY PATEL 1999 VINTAGE

Both of these are very mild but still have a great flavor. I enjoyed them alot.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here...I like milder/medium myself for my daily morning smoke (I work all night, so my relaxing after-work smoke is at 0730 in full sunlight). I really enjoy the RJ Reserva Real robusto and the Torano Reserva Selecta robusto. Ashtons, of course are good and mild and the Non cuban Monte Tubos have great flavor as well. I may take some spears for some of my choices, but those are the ones I've no-kidding thoroughly enjoyed and noticed that I liked them while smoking them. I bought about 10 of each, and haven't been disappointed yet. All relatively inexpensive, and good, 40 minute smokes. Try a couple of each. I'd be interested to know what you think.

Good hunting!

Trey

Not a mild smoke in the upper range, but one I enjoyed a lot as I was getting into the hobby is the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur line. My favorite was the epicure size.