• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got the Axe at work today...

cuppajack

Walking into the office today to a weird 'vibe.'
Sales have been down and down and down all year, but it really seemed like things were turning around...

About 2 hours into my day I get called into the President's office with the VP of Operations and got the whole story about hard times, and it not being personal, and flapping gums etc.

No severance, just paid through the end of the day and a check for my measly week of accrued vacation.

So yeah... If you've still got an address for me that is on 3640 Holdrege, you can trash that ;)

I have faith that this will be for the best in the long run as I have been very unhappy with my employment situation for the past year, and it was adversely affecting my health and personal life... And with anyluck I'll land on my feet and be able to find a new job fairly quickly.

And hey, it is Friday! I'm going to dig deep into the humidor and smoke the very best I've got today, thankful that it was only a job that I lost.

Sorry about the hard times man! Hang in there sounds like you be back on your feet soon!

John,

Sorry to hear about this! Where one door closes another opens..........keep your chin up and start networking!! Of course, first enjoy that smoke!

Charlie

Ouch.

Just remember the cliche that when one door closes, another one opens. Corny, but it's true. I had my pink slip in my hands several years ago (downsizing) when another opportunity popped up a few days before I had to have my desk cleaned out.

This will give you the chance and time to seek a job that you can be happy with.

edited for stupid spelling error.

Sorry to hear about that bro. Keep that positivity going and I'm sure something will come up in no time. Good luck on the job search.

Sorry to hear.

Been there, done that and it always got me into a better situation. Keep your chin up.

Best wishes. That cigar toasts a new beginning.

Sounds like you have an "up" attitude about it at least. Good luck man.

sorry to hear, got my "flapping gums" the day before a week long elk hunt. that was back in Oct. Central Oregon is not the job capitol of the U.S.

Feel for you, good luck.

Paul

Many of us here have been there, Bro. This is Karma - trust me. Hard times, maybe, but you're destined for something better. That is, unless you ran a busload of nuns off the road or something.

I'm sorry to hear that brother, but look up... You'll be taken care of. I've had a similar experience, and it's excruciating, but in the end I got a different career out of it.

Smoke the nicest one you've got tonight, then go on the hunt on monday...

Been there. Hang back and try to enjoy the free time a little, as crazy as that sounds. Give yourself a little time to recharge before you head back into the jungle.

Take care,
Wilkey

Yep, been there and was almost there again not too long ago. Hoping the best for you and yours!

Sorry to hear about the misfortune, but your attitude will assure that you'll land on your feet.

Keep your chin up mate, I reckon you will snare a better/happier job anyway. Losing your job gives you the options you need to go and get something that will be an more enjoyable affair.

Although, no job is all sugar, thats why you get paid, lol.