• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got the axe today

Best to you and your wife. I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

:)

Sorry to hear about the news. You'll be much happier at your next job.
Better days are coming Dickson. :)

As everyone has said, you'll hit the ground running here after you get over the initial shock. You'll be good to go before you know it! :)

Thanks for all the well wishes. At 48 it's getting tougher out there.

Not to hijack your thread, but the same thing happened to me. I'm also 48, BTW.

I had taken a new job because of a layoff. I worked there 7 months, and I could tell there was some agitation with the GM and Pres, though as its common to see, no direct feedback about what they weren't happy with. I was just, as you said, trying to hit a constantly moving target.

So it all came to a head Wednesday of last week. I offered my resignation, and they accepted. Lucky me, I got 2 weeks severance. :rolleyes:

Then on Tuesday of this week, my wife got binned from her job too. When it rains, it pours. You not alone, you're never alone.

Well in the past week, I had two interviews and got two offers. Both had issues. One wants the employee to pay 50% of the health care insurance premiums, the other has a vacation policy right out of 1928. If I started May 1st, I'd have to be there until at least April 1st of 2010 to have earned a lousy 2 weeks of vacation. So I keep looking for a bit. I had a really good interview again today, and expect an offer coming from another I interviewed with on Monday. More lined up, just in case either of those two have similar "issues".

My wife in in health care, just a matter of short time before she's back to work as there's a chronic shortage of people who do what she can do.

I wish you well, my brother.

Sorry to hear that Dickson (and KenM). If you've been in upper management for that long then you clearly possess the tools and wearwithall to land an even better job. Take a couple of weeks and go find your dream job. I like the saying, "When one door closes, another one opens." Good luck to you sir.

Very sorry to hear such bad news. I truly feel for you and yours. It's definitely an awful feeling, however when you land that ten times better position, you can always go back and tell them to KYA! :) Best of luck to you and yours!

Thanks for all the well wishes. At 48 it's getting tougher out there.

Not to hijack your thread, but the same thing happened to me. I'm also 48, BTW.

I had taken a new job because of a layoff. I worked there 7 months, and I could tell there was some agitation with the GM and Pres, though as its common to see, no direct feedback about what they weren't happy with. I was just, as you said, trying to hit a constantly moving target.

So it all came to a head Wednesday of last week. I offered my resignation, and they accepted. Lucky me, I got 2 weeks severance. :rolleyes:

Then on Tuesday of this week, my wife got binned from her job too. When it rains, it pours. You not alone, you're never alone.

Well in the past week, I had two interviews and got two offers. Both had issues. One wants the employee to pay 50% of the health care insurance premiums, the other has a vacation policy right out of 1928. If I started May 1st, I'd have to be there until at least April 1st of 2010 to have earned a lousy 2 weeks of vacation. So I keep looking for a bit. I had a really good interview again today, and expect an offer coming from another I interviewed with on Monday. More lined up, just in case either of those two have similar "issues".

My wife in in health care, just a matter of short time before she's back to work as there's a chronic shortage of people who do what she can do.

I wish you well, my brother.

Not at all. It seems that in this day and age many people wind up in their positions, not for their qualifications but, for who they know in the organization. Being a GM and a Pres you would think that they would have the skills to approach and possibly make a win win situation. Good Luck in your job search brother.