• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got the humidor today!

cvmfour

Man this humidor sure it pretty!!!

Here is where you guys come in at. I'm ignorant with what to do to my new humidor. It comes with a humidification device and a hygrometer. Got a few questions:

1. What do I do to the humidor to make sure it's ready to hold cigars?

2. How do I calibrate my hygrometer? (It's not digital)

I will put all other questions in this thread.

Thanks for the link man!

You think it'd be okay to leave the hygrometer in the ziplock baggie longer than 6 hours? I was thinking about setting it up around 10 p.m. and checking it in the morning around 7:30ish. Should it hurt anything?

Or you can do a search on CP... Make sure you select the option to see all post, not sorted by dates. There is a large wealth of info.

Emo

Well, I did a salt test on my hygrometer and it was just 1% off. I left in it the bag for 8 hours and even double bagged it so it could have a constant environment. :thumbs: Now I just gotta see if the RH in my humidor is steady enough to put the cigars in it.

cvmfour said:
Well, I did a salt test on my hygrometer and it was just 1% off. I left in it the bag for 8 hours and even double bagged it so it could have a constant environment. :thumbs: Now I just gotta see if the RH in my humidor is steady enough to put the cigars in it.
Sounds like you're doing well. That humidor will look really good with those Punch After Dinners! :D :D :thumbs: You ought to post pics with them in there when you get the chance.