• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GPS is just like being married.

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
LOL, I bought the Mrs a GPS and we used it this weekend going to St Louis. I never realized that GPS would be like having another wife in the car.

Yes it kind of is but you can always turn it off. ??? Also my wife once was playing with mine and changed the voice to a mans voice and that was very weird.

I've been using VZ Nav and it get a bit annoying listening to "her" tell me what to do every time I have to take a turn, it starts telling you at the mile before the turn, then every 1/4 mi and up to 100 yards to the turn.

What, don't yall have gas stations where you live?

Thats funny.. :laugh:

One of our cars has GPS built in to it. I have a pretty good sense of direction and am typically not in a hurry so I ever use the thing. My fiancee does all the time and well, its rather annoying. What makes it worse is when she and the GPS disagree. Which one do you listen to!! When we bought our last car she wanted to get it with the GPS built in, thankfully the 3 grand they wanted for that option was enough to make her change her mind as it was a commuter car for her to go to work in.

Thats funny.. :laugh:

One of our cars has GPS built in to it. I have a pretty good sense of direction and am typically not in a hurry so I ever use the thing. My fiancee does all the time and well, its rather annoying. What makes it worse is when she and the GPS disagree. Which one do you listen to!! When we bought our last car she wanted to get it with the GPS built in, thankfully the 3 grand they wanted for that option was enough to make her change her mind as it was a commuter car for her to go to work in.

lmao I know what you mean. :laugh:

I wasn't sure how many of our younger members would get the gas station remark. LOL

I find that when I have to use the GPS to find an address I often will take a totally different route once I know approx where the address is and then allow it to guide me after I get in the area. Of course thats only in my home area.... when traveling I do as I'm told... wife or GPS, doesn't matter. :)

Actually my first experience with a GPS was more like having a girfriend in the car. I was on a business trip to Germany and the car had a built in Nav system, this was some years back. I was driving to dinner and my phone rang, it was my wife. We were talking and in the background the GPS went off, in German, I had missed a turn. My wife began questioning who was in the car, I kept responding no one, why? She said she heard a woman's voice and I should tell her immediately who was in the car with me. I started to explain the concept of the GPS and she accused me of lying, so I finally just said it was a girl from the office named Giesella (sp?). Since she does not understand German, it was somewhat hard to convince her, although I did finally do so, that Giesella was really the Nav system scolding me for not making a correct turn. So now our Nav systems are all named Giesella and we look back on that fondly. Perhaps I should name it after my wife instead. :laugh:

Maybe you guys should try this....

gallery_4821_149_87276.jpg

I make my wife drive me around. Solves the problem.

Doc.

So...what does it mean when the husband doesn't LISTEN to Mr. T when he insists that you should be going one way and your other half, the MAN in the situation disagrees and decides to take a "short cut"....gas stations look good then...

Nothing like getting lost in Dallas, TX

Melly

I finally figured out that the GPS was talking to me in another language. Here are some translations:

Recalculating = Idiot
Bare left then make right = You're never going to figure it out
Make a u-turn = You've messed this up so bad that there is no other route
Holy crap = Holy crap!

Fish

Oh man. I'm with you on this one. My girlfriend has a GPS in her car and it is an excellent feature. However, I just can't handle listening to it when I am not totally lost or have no idea where I'm going. My girlfriend wants to leave it on all the time even when we are familiar with the area, it drives me nuts.

I'm ok at getting around once I've done it a dozen times, but I get pretty easily stressed when going to places I don't normally drive to. I was thinking about getting one of those tomtom things that's just a real-time GPS map, but doesn't have a voice.