• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

graduating to frigador

gws3

1000 post club member
someone gave me a small refrigerator. so naturally all i see is "it" full of cigars!! :D so next week i'm on vacation and i will get it cleaned up, put some cedar in there, ask the "accountant" if i can contact vern, then start picking you all's brains.

so be ready next week! :D
then the fun part FILLING IT!!!!!! :0

oh yeah forgot to ask.

should i take off the compressor and all the coils from the back?
and the little freezer section on the inside?

Yes to the compressor, depends on the freezer. The freezer adds another shelf. So it depends if you need the shelf, or extra box space. I left mine in there as I figured it to be a pain in the ass to take it out, and it would probably look worse.
Emo

My .02 worth:

If it's a nice one, runs, and someday may end up out in the garage
holding drinks cause you've invested in a nice piece of furniture like
Kenny's...
Let the cigar boxes do the cedar trick..ie, don't glue cedar inside...and don't dismantle it.

again, just my .02 worth

penny-pinchin Horse :sign:

well penny pinchin' horse,
it doesn't work so i think i will take the stuff off the back but i like the idea of leaving the freezer shelf in.

thanks for thinfo fellas! :D

I took the comp., coils and freezer out of mine. Makes more room for boxes. You can see a picture of it HERE

that's exactly the size i have. how did you get the cigar guy on the front?

boy it does look good filled with gars :D

I used a scroll saw and cut a stencil out of 1/8 in. plywood. Then used spray glue to hold it in place while a spray painted it on there.

well it looks cool! :D
i'll let you know when i'm ready to decorate it and borrow your stencil. thanks for the pm.

well, i finally got the thing cleaned up! (i'm on vacation and thought i would have lots of time to get things done but i've been having too much fun hanging out with my kids). i do notice there is still a bit of an odor. not overpowering but there. so i'm going to leave it sit open a few more days.

this is a 1.7 cu ft. frig. approx. how much climmax beads do you think i need?
if the odor never completely goes away is there something i can do to get rid of it or is it better to just get rid of the frig and go for a cooler? i really don't need the space right now but the price on the frig was right (free) so i figured what the hell.

also there is a hole in the back where freon tube came through, should i plug it or leave it open as avent?
thanks for the info!

I closed off the whole in mine refrig. It also had an odor to it, so I placed a bowl of baking soda inside for a few days and it helped. Add some spanish cedar (a few broken cigar boxes) and the odor is gone.

Nick