• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gran Habano 3 Siglos Torpedo

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man

Gran Habano 3 Siglos Torpedo

I saw these on a Joe Cigar special and was intrigued by the look vs the price. I thought 10 sticks looking this good for $29.99? I had to pull the trigger. I had already known the Gran Habano line and loved the Corojo #5, so I was looking forward to trying this cigar.

GranHabano3siglos1.jpg

Length/Ring: 6.1" x 56
Shape: Torpedo
Wrapper: Shade Grown Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Colombian, Nicaraguan Corojo
Strength: Medium - Full 

I pulled the stick out of the humidor and admired the excellent construction. A smooth, medium brown wrapper and a perfect roll, size and shape. I clipped the cap at a slight angle, using a double guillotine. I took a dry draw tasting a grainy flavor. I used my Lotus torch and took my first puff. The smoke was thick and the aroma rich and a taste with a creamy, earthy nuances. The burn was even and staying even. Half way through the first third was a slight hint of white pepper. The ash was holding nicely with a light gray color and several spaced rings. Any uneven burn, self corrected quickly.I started into the second third and started noticing a slight coffee flavor and a leathery grain coming out. The ash hung on over two inches before falling. A slight uneven burn, but again correcting itself.

I arrived at the last third and it had become a calliope of flavors. Earthy, leathery, grainy, peppery and now it had a slight hint of coffee and chocolate. The second ash was so sturdy, that it held on over three inches, and was able to support an ash stand. The finish was tasty and smooth.

GranHabano3siglos2.jpg

In conclusion: This stick took over an hour and a half to smoke. This was a complex and enjoyable cigar well worth the money. Smooth, well rolled and blended. This cigar is definitely worth trying.

MSRP: $6.50

Nice review Andy! I've enjoyed ever thing that I have tried in the Gran Habano line and the price very, reasonable.

CI seems to push Gran Habano a pretty good bit, and I've always dismissed the brand because I'd never heard of it. Might have to try some of these!

Thanks for the review. I have smoked the Corojo #5 and for the price they are hard to beat. I think I will give these a try.

Ken

Thanks for the review. I happen to have one of these in the humi but I haven't got around to smoking it. I have had the Gran Habano Connecticut #1 and liked it. I was suprised because I normally don't care for Connecticuts, but the #1 was really good. I'll have to try the 3 Siglos this weekend.

Thanks to the review section, I've already got my weekend smokes planned out.

A slight bump...

I love the Corojo #5s. They are hard to beat for the money-- I'd say only Padron x000s come close, but their flavor profiles are quite different.

I've only had one 3 Siglos Torpedo before. That stick was a very good one... I got the same flavors out of it. Great review-- thanks!

I've always thought Gran Habano hit it out of the park with the 3 Siglos line. Best thing they make IMHO.

Great review, Andy!

~Boar