• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gran Habano #5 Rothschild

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
What a surprise. I saw these and for what ever reason, ordered 10 on a Cigar Monster. The Gran Habano #5 Corojo Rothschild. This little Corojo has a very oily wrapper and is a true gem. The review that I read said:

"Average Rating of 8.90 by 26 Customers - Gran Habano Corojo #5 Rothschild cigars present an attractive, well-packed vitola made with a robust blend of Nicaraguan and Costa Rican tobaccos seamlessly rolled in a dark, oily Corojo wrapper leaf. The smoke is creamy and earthy with notes of coffee, nuts and spice on a long finish."

Now, I usually read these descriptions and take them with a grain of salt, but this was right on. This cigar is amazing.

Length/Ring: 4 1/2 x 50
Shape: Rothschild
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full

ghc1.jpg

ghc2.jpg

ghc3.jpg

I used a V cut on this stick and it has a sweet pre light draw. After I lit up, I noticed a deep puff of dense gray smoke. It starts out creamy and a little spicy. After about 10 minutes, my tongue was tingling, and a nutty coffee flavor came out. It held a beautiful ash, salt and pepper in color with a pretty even burn.

ghc4.jpg

ghc5.jpg

ghc6.jpg

I have been smoking this stick or almost an 45 minutes and just started the last third and it is getting spicy again. The draw stayed true and the smoke is cool. I'm not much for small cigars, but this one has a big flavor, and a big finish. It took slightly over an hour to smoke. I can't seem to put it down, but I will. Funny, I wanted a short smoke beore going to bed. Oh Well.

ghc7.jpg

Down to the nub, the best cigar for around $2.50 that I've smoked.

I agree these are very good smokes, and you certainly can't beat the price. Great review, thanks!

I've been smoking the toros for some time and they are certainly hard to beat at almost twice the price.

I bought a box of these about 2 months ago from CI. Absolutely great smokes for the price. You can't beat it. You made me want to dig one out of the cooler. Thanks! :thumbs:

These are imo one of if not the best cigars in this price range, and much better than many cigars priced higher. I've been really wanting to try the Lanceros and Fumas.

These are imo one of if not the best cigars in this price range, and much better than many cigars priced higher. I've been really wanting to try the Lanceros and Fumas.

I found that even after shipping, this is the best price on the Lancero. I wouldn't even mind doing a split with some one on a box.
Gran Habano Corojo # 5 Lancero

too bad they don't appear to be in stock.... :(

I'd definitely be down for a split though.

I found that even after shipping, this is the best price on the Lancero. I wouldn't even mind doing a split with some one on a box.

In stock here but a little more
comes with a Habano fiver

Yup, been eyeing these for a while and they look like the best bet. I'm in for 2 5'ers if you decide to pull the trigger.

Great tastin'

I had just won a box of these. Thanks Claudio!

Yup, been eyeing these for a while and they look like the best bet. I'm in for 2 5'ers if you decide to pull the trigger.

Done. I'll send you a PM

Great Review. I really enjoy their entire line. The Corojo #5 Lancero especially. Great everyday smoke!

yea i've gotta get my hands on some of these. will buy a box also when i have some dough, i think. would love a 5er though! ;)

yea i've gotta get my hands on some of these. will buy a box also when i have some dough, i think. would love a 5er though! ;)

I think I can do you a little somethin somethin! Pm me your addy!

just wanted to bump this thread ... the Gran Habano #3 and #5 are my everyday smoke. I get these in the rothchild and churchill sizes typically. As others have said a great cigar at twice the price. I wanted to add.... I have been smoking this cigar for about 5 years now. I suspect 200 - 300 of them in that timeframe. I have not had to throw '1' out due to construction problems.

I love the cigar for 3 primary reasons .... outstanding consistent construction, great price, and 'good' flavor profile.