• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grand Opening

in2xshp

Banned
Just an FYI for those that are in the area, Jack and Maria are opening a second store on Newton Sparta Rd and the grand opening is scheduled for June 3rd. As I get more information I will be posting it here. The little info I have is that there will be 5 vendors there running specials and there will be a big BBQ as usual.

Sam

Good news ! Closer than Lafayette place. Keep us posted.

I told Jack on friday to get that damn website up and running. No sale needed but simple advertisement is in order nowadays !

I wonder where on Newton Sparta road? I drive that everyday. Also so I would think that is very close to his other store. Only 5 minutes apart. Not really going to gain more clients as cigar guys tend to search out stores like blood hounds. I would think he would be sharing his clients from the other store. He would be better off going for the Chester NJ area. Very rich towns and no cigars stores around for a long distance. 30 to 45 minutes away from his current store.

Anyway Best of luck to him. Makes it hard for me as I would have to drop in more.

DG

Sorry Guys I forgot to add any updates on this. The opening has been postponed and they have not set a date as far as I know. Electrical and sheet rock work has run longer and they have not had the chance to fully decorate or furnish yet. I should hear something by the weekend and I will post any news ASAP.

Found it. It's right across from Just Fish and Domino's Pizza. Parking might be an issue at a event. I still think it's too close to the other store. 10 minute drive at most. He will be stealing his own customers. Should have aimed for Chester area. That's a good 35 minutes with a lot of well to do towns close by. Finding a location with a OK rent would be the trick.

Now the problem is it's easy for me to stop as I pass it every work day.

DG

You know I just found another cigar store in our neck of the woods. Haven't been to it yet but they are advertising in the locale rag.

Stix Cigars and Tobacco located at Town Center Route 23, Boulder Hills Boulevard, Wantage, NJ #973-702-7849. They say they have the largest Humidor in Sussex County and the second largest in NJ.

Might make a trip out that way this weekend.

DG

Chris,

This is literally 3 minutes from my front door so I intend on hitting it Friday or Saturday. It just opened yesterday I believe.

Looks like the place is open as the Grand Opening sign is out and I saw a few people hanging around. Might stop on the way home today to check.

DG

OK ... Went to the new place today.

First let me say that I really enjoy Lafayette's location and think Sam is a great guy but man .... what the heck is up with this new place ?

I have arrived at 6:45pm today (saturday) to realize that the place was closing in 15min. Huh ???? If I'm not mistaken, store hours are until 7pm with the exception of friday. I'm mean ... who is this place catering to ? Retired old people who can smoke throughout the day ? Hello !!! Now the outside look ... WOW ! I hope Sam has something up his sleeve and is thinking about doing a little 'outdoor face lift.' Visually, I wouldn't look twice !

I drove 25 minutes to get to the new place. Store hours are ridiculous ! Visual outdoor presentation is less than average. I very disappointed and decided to leave without even going inside. They say that first impression counts and they are right. I really doubt I will go there again. I will however continue to visit Lafayette store.

What was your experience ?

I keep wanting to stop but the place just looks dead and not complete. I might do it today as I'm meeting up with Scottw today and I can tell him about the place.

DG

I keep wanting to stop but the place just looks dead and not complete. I might do it today as I'm meeting up with Scottw today and I can tell him about the place.

DG

I'll be at Stix around 6:30 or so Chris, what time will you be around?

It was fun last night at Stix. Nice place. I can see myself going here more often. Can't wait until they really fill the humidor. My only issue is that it hard to hear in the lounge with the fans going. It might just have been the way we where seated and spaced.

DG

Had a good time as well Chris, good to see you. I agree with the hard to hear part but I spoke to another one of the owners who said they are going to try to move the fan so it produces less noise. I can't wait until they get that humi to full capacity as well. 70000 sticks is quite impressive.

Call me when you want to hook up again.