• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grandfather passed last night

Great story about your Grandad. I am sure he will be missed.

I never had the opportunity to meet one of mine, but the other smoked cigars, though I never shared one with him. I smoked once in a blue moon until I met my wife and she got me started into cigars, but she did and still smokes the crappy ones. I will fire a good one this evening in honor of your Grandfather.

Ken

Today being Thursday...the day for my weekly smoke at my local B&M...I'll be sure to make some smoke for a life lived long and lived well.

I wish I could point to someone so close and influential in my cigar smoking but both of my grandfathers passed early. I don't remember my maternal grandfather at all and Dad's dad went in 1970, while I was still smoking bubble gum cigars. My first exposure to cigars of any quality was in 1979-80 at a Tinderbox in Alexandria, Louisiana. I smoked them off and on (mostly off) over the years since and didn't come back to them seriously until perhaps a year before I joined this board. So really, the greatest influences in my cigar smoking life so far, are you folks. I've learned and enjoyed far more about cigars in my (nearly) 4 years here than in all the years before.