• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graycliff Espresso President

Tony Bones

Grundalier
This is my favorite cigar to date. I've been smoking casually for a few years, and more seriously for about six months. Tthis thing takes the cake.

It's tastier than any Cohiba I've had, more interesting than any old stick I've experienced, and just downright impressive. This is not to discredit any of the fine, fine cigars I've smoked recently, but I LOVE this thing.

-Construction was excellent w/ little veins throughout
-Wrapper was as black as night
-Incredibly dark, sweet tobacco smells upon clipping

-Easy ignition
-Spice and bitterness (not in a bad way) from start to finish
-Holding the smoke of this one in your mouth for more than two seconds resulted in taste bud meltdown. Upon exhaling you understand how this cigar got its name.
-Burnt like a champ and held a great ash

-Huuuuuge spicey finish. Jalapeno extreme huge. Almost too much huge.

Now my disclaimer: This in no way, shape, or form is a cigar for everyone.

If you prefer a mild or even medium-bodied smoke steer clear. There's too much power here for that type of palate. This is to cigars what a triple shot of espresso is to a tall soy latte'.

I'd love to be able to compare this to something else I've smoked, but I can't. It's not nearly as brutal as an LFD Chisel, but has something that smoke can only aspire to.

Disclaimer number two: I smoked the Espresso President at the end of a power herf w/ Moki. Three semi-strong and large sticks left my tongue feeling a little ragged. Even w/ a pummeled palate I still managed to get all of the above out of her. I can only imagine what one of these would taste like on a fresh tongue.

Oh, and regarding that exhaling through the nose to really taste a cigar thing. Let's not talk about that. It must have been pretty entertaining from the outside looking in :sign:

Tony Bones said:
This is my favorite cigar to date. I've been smoking casually for a few years, and more seriously for about six months. Tthis thing takes the cake.
Cool... yeah I thought ya might like 'em. They are definitely unique. :) I think you're right tho, had you had this cigar as the first of the night, I bet it'd have come off as a good bit stronger... still, that essentially means you buy 'em now, and age them until they are to your liking. It's only going to get more refined.

Do I sense Tony going on a box buy soon? :) Let me help you out :)

Oh, and regarding that exhaling through the nose to really taste a cigar thing. Let's not talk about that. It must have been pretty entertaining from the outside looking in :sign:

hehe... guys, I got to see a grown man cry when Tony tried to snarf that smoke out his nose. hehe. Thanks for the entertainment... now where's my damn moonshine? :)

I've not tried this cigar, but Tony's description has got me curious. Are the shorter versions comparable to the President? 7" makes me nervous...

joxxy said:
I've not tried this cigar, but Tony's description has got me curious. Are the shorter versions comparable to the President? 7" makes me nervous...
I haven't had the Robusto ("PG"), but yeah, the Torpedo ("Pirate") is right in the same flavor profile. I'm sure the Robusto is as well.

BTW, please never say '7" makes me nervous...' -- because it's just too easy of a set-up ;)

moki said:
BTW, please never say '7" makes me nervous...' -- because it's just too easy of a set-up ;)
I was going to say I don't care for the extended vitolas, as much as the more diminutive variety. But that could have been misconstrued. ;)

Tony Bones said:
It's not nearly as brutal as an LFD Chisel, but has something that smoke can only aspire to.
Hey Tony you write a tempting review. I am a full bodied fan and will take you up on your recomendation.

One thing though, I tried the Chisel....perhaps I got a dud or something because what CA called "extremely full bodied" was kind of a joke. Wasn't very strong and the draw was so tight it took me nearly 1 1/2 hours to finish it.
Just my $0.02

Robert :0

BrownDevil said:
One thing though, I tried the Chisel....perhaps I got a dud or something because what CA called "extremely full bodied" was kind of a joke. Wasn't very strong and the draw was so tight it took me nearly 1 1/2 hours to finish it.
Well, think about it -- the tight draw is very likely what diluted the taste down (along with the length of time you spent smoking it), as well as the potency. It'd be like drinking a glass of wine through a thin little coffee stirrer straw.

moki said:
Thanks for the entertainment... now where's my damn moonshine? :)
You hush! Yes, you're short a little moonshine...but your car is clean :p

Shine' leaves for the Roch. tomorrow.

moki said:
joxxy said:
I've not tried this cigar, but Tony's description has got me curious.  Are the shorter versions comparable to the President?  7" makes me nervous...
I haven't had the Robusto ("PG"), but yeah, the Torpedo ("Pirate") is right in the same flavor profile. I'm sure the Robusto is as well.

I can confirm that the robusto size has the same flavor, and if anything, is a little stronger overall. I've found the torpedo to be the strongest of the three - but that's probably because of the cut I tend to put on a torp changes the experience a bit.

If you're afraid of the larger ones, then do go after the robusto - whatever makes you feel like a big man relatively speaking... :D

Cheers,

- Oak

Once the summer season ends and I have money to 'burn' again these are at the top of my hit list to try. :love: