• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

graycliff espresso!

alexstjo

I just had a graycliff espresso last night with my buddy for his birthday and LOVED it. I didn't find it too strong.

Can anyone recommed a similar smoke? Graycliff's are not cheap and they NEVER seem to go on sale!!!

thanks
Alex

There isn't much that is like a Graycliff Espresso. I'd say try the Ashton VSG Illusion and Mayorga Toro Maduro.

Wilkey

...they NEVER seem to go on sale!!!

Once in awhile a deal on at least some Graycliffs can be had on a 5er at cigarbid. Not technically a sale, more like the market working its magic.

They're tasty, but not worth retail, for sure.

I just had a graycliff espresso last night with my buddy for his birthday and LOVED it. I didn't find it too strong.

Can anyone recommed a similar smoke? Graycliff's are not cheap and they NEVER seem to go on sale!!!

thanks
Alex

I haven't found anything else that tastes much like an Espresso.

I love these as well.I think I have 1 robusto left from last year,I am saveing it for christmas time.Next time I will grab the pirate size too.

I had an Expresso as my first smoke at the BBQ herf (thanks Stewart) The best Graycliff I've had. Can't say what else would be close to it.

Picked up a 10 pack graycliff sampler for $79 at cigar.com a few weeks ago. Should ahve bought more.

it may be me but the hemingway (m) work of art has similar coffee and cocoa flavors. I personally love the espresso.

I had a PG about 6 weeks back and was not too impressed.
However, I had another yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed
it to the nub. Just goes to show, don't judge until you have
smoked a few. ;)

Brian

I hate to kick up an old thread like this but I snagged a 5er of these off cbid and noticed the cello was cut flush with the foot of the cigar instead of longer and folded under? Is this normal?

I hate to kick up an old thread like this but I snagged a 5er of these off cbid and noticed the cello was cut flush with the foot of the cigar instead of longer and folded under? Is this normal?
They are not packaged this way. As we know, many people do this for better exposure to the RH. Could be that these were purchased, cello cut and then put up for sale at a later time. ???

Brian

Like Infinity said... not normal packaging for these cigars.

I'm looking at one right now and it is folded over like any other cigar.

ok thanks guys, looks like im going to have to touch base with c-bid.

I've had a few of the robustos lately, maybe they just needed more time, my humi is spot on at 65%, but I just couldnt keep those suckers lit, they canoed, and had what seemed to be a hunk of "wood" in the center of them. Just wierd. I'd love to change my mind, I have one left, but it may be a while before I can bring myself to torch it.

Wade

Well i got ahold of c-bid and this is a link they sent me to that very question:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/foru...y=0000000070001

which seems like bs to me because I have a few others I acquired in a trade and they don’t have the cello at the foot cut. CB has done shady stuff before but this is a whole new level.

ok time to swallow my pride, I e-mailed graycliff and this is what i got back

Hello Mark,

Yes, that is how the new shipment of cello that we received
are. The exact length of the cigars.

Thank you.

Maureen Gauntlett
Graycliff Cigar Company

so i guess thats how they do it now.