• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graycliff - G2

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Okay,so I was blessed with the fortune of getting to go to the RTDA in NOLA when it was still dry. Along the way I partied a lot, smoked a lot, and did things illegal in most states [:thumbs:]

Therefore, I decided to write some reviews on some of the cigars I smoked there/here. I ended up with about 60 odd smokes, gave a bunch away, smoked some, and def want to smoke one or two more.

My first review is on the G2.

If anyone has read at all about Graycliff, along with their top-o-the line cigars, they also produce a cheaper line called Bahiba http://www.graycliff.com/index.php?option=...p=page&SubMenu=

As mentioned, they are def mild and are somewhat creamy. Kinda like a Macanudo with taste to it [but better].
Anyways, they haven't been selling as much as they'd like, due to having a diff name on them than the popular Graycliff, so the boys in Nassau came up with G2.

The cigar, a churchill, came in a yellow box similar to the reg Graycliffs. The band is yellow with the fancy Graycliff G with stars on it. This way, it can capitalize on the Graycliff style, while still being a separate line.
Along with the G2 hitting the market, thye will no longer make the Bahibas.

The churchill had a med dark brown wrapper, def darker than the reg. Bahibas. While you could see some veins on the wrapper, it was smooth to the touch.

Cut the cigar with a cheapie plastic at the booth, lit it with my colibri lighter.

The taste was nice. Like they said, def similar to Bahibas, but a better overall [roundness] to it and a little stronger. This was one point I liked. In general, I tend to prefer stronger cigars, and while I have enojyed the few Bahibas I have tried, was hoping they'd make a stronger one.

The burn was spot-on and a good draw. [Have not had the best luck with Graycliffs and draw before]. The ash stayed on long and this puppy was smoked down to the last 1/4 or so.

Not sure when they will be releasing G2s to the market, but am guessing within the next few months. I will say I look foreward to seeing these in the shops and while not too fantastic, it was enjoyable and I will buy some in the future to lend some variety to my humi.

For a judging sys. I think I'll use smiley guys.
On a scale of :thumbs: - :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Graycliff - G2
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: and .5

Nice review! I was gifted one of these by a fine BOTL from another board and am looking forward to trying it. I tend to favor the Expresso line (specifically PG) so I am interested to see how this compares.

:thumbs:

EDIT: Typo

I am a big fan of the Graycliff lines so I look forward to giving this one a try as well.