• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great So. Calif. Steakout, Herf & Tour of Edwards AFB - DONE!

Should be a good time! Getting up that early on my day off is gonna be a bitch! :p

Also, since it's going to be like, 100, where are we putting out cigars??

Should be a good time! Getting up that early on my day off is gonna be a bitch! :p

Also, since it's going to be like, 100, where are we putting out cigars??

It's only going to be 90 and the RH will be about 20%. :whistling:

The best thing to do for your sticks is bring a small ice chest with some ice and keep your sticks in an airtight/waterproof container in the ice chest. I will have a 100 qt ice chest there but it will be full of bottled water. I can see about bringing a smaller chest for people cigars too if needed and we can use frozen water botles to keep it cold instead of ice cubes.

you could still stay at the hotel you know.

What a great turnout!

Thank you all for coming all the way out here. I had a blast and hope you did too.
CIMG0191.jpg

What an AMAZING EVENT. These things are why Cigar Pass is the best place in the world. The amount of ball-busting, asshatery, and stupidity that went on at this thing today was a blast! I'm sure others will post some more "appropriate" pictures, ya know the ones that show you all the boring things like the cool planes, awesome base, and great times we all had, but several of us more mischievous members engaged in what I would like to call, "Quick Draw Photo Shooting." Some escaped the lens' fury, but their day will come. Here are some great jewels from the day:

Quick Draw Slideshow

Let's see if this guy will work (CLICK BILLY):

And of course, my absolute favorite, "The LadyKillers:"
DSCN1058a.jpg

Thank you Danny for setting this up I had a blast! I did a quick edit of a panoramic I took and thought I would post it for people to see what they missed.
sm_EAFB_crop.jpg

and the Full Size

I have more and will work on them tomorrow I am off to bed and it was great meeting everyone.

Edited: Made a minor change to image

Danny,

Thanks for setting up this event. We all had a great time!

This event was so much fun! From Jon's GPS taking him out to BFE on the opposite side of the base....checking out all the cool stuff at NASA....to the talks during dinner. EPIC.
This was an awesome time! Thank you Danny, for giving us the opportunity to all share such an amazing experience. I will post some of my own pics once I can get them uploaded. Great to meet some new people,
as well as some familiar faces i havent seen in a while, to the regular HERF homies!

YEAH, me and Jon look ridiculous in the photos. I know. Nothing new here!! LOL.

Billy, we look ridiculous in everything!

It was an amazing time, thank you for setting it up Danny, you're the man!

It was an amazing time, thank you for setting it up Danny, you're the man!

You are all so very welcome but the pleasure was all mine.

I don't venture out of the desert too often so I was thrilled to have so many people come out to my somewhat remote(as you now know)little corner of the world.

I have a bunch more photos to post as well and will do that when I get home later.

The next Air Show here will be in October, 2011 so we'll have to see what we can drum up for that event!

Danny thank you so much once again for the most amazing tour I have been on in quite some time. I was blown away by the sights and sounds on EAFB. It was great meeting some familiar faces, and new ones as well.

I'm looking forward to the next herf guys!

EAFB_sign.jpg

EAFB_B2.jpg

EAFB_SCW.jpg

EAFB_ALF.jpg

EAFB_DFRC.jpg

EAFB_Prop.jpg

EAFB_F16.jpg

EAFB_F16_2.jpg

EAFB_Coyote.jpg

EAFB_GH.jpg

Sounds like you guy had a blast, too bad I had work... Count me in on the next one, I have a certain someone I need to spar with!!!

I truly enjoyed the tour and herf that Danny put on. It is a pleasure to see old and new technology of this great nation of ours. Getting to see a SR-71 up close and personal was so freaking sweet! Seeing the B2 bomber in the relative distance at the end of the tour was amazing. Walking the flight deck, while not really walking on it but near it was a great experience. Seeing all the toys that NASA gets to play with was pretty sweet. It was a good day in a not so hot desert day, well worth the pain of waking up at 4:30 am. The only thing that could have made that day any better was great food and well Danny set us up with a great steak house! Good to see B.Hobs, Charley, Robo-puppy and the others from CP. Once again thanks to the host Danny for one rather epic day at Edwards AFB.

P.S. Glad to have bought the piece of runway, nice to have a piece of history especially nice many of the planes tested at Edward's have landed on my piece of runway. :thumbs:

Sounds like you guy had a blast, too bad I had work... Count me in on the next one, I have a certain someone I need to spar with!!!

I'm punching you right in the mouth when I see you. Be ready.

The picture you all know you wanted to get but were too far away to do so

attach.jpg

The picture you all know you wanted to get but were too far away to do so

attach.jpg

That pic is awesome. Somebody had quite the telephoto lens. I won't even call the Air force about the flight line photography. EPIC HERF!
Danny you are the man! Thanks for setting this up.

I really enjoyed meeting you all as well. Herf was great, perfect weather, and it even appeared as if the girls had a good time! Too bad Todd had to miss out.

My pictures aren't even close to as good as you professionals out there so I will skip posting and just steal all the good ones you guys took. Great fun, great fun. :thumbs:

PJ

PS: This thread just became murder to open with out fast internet! HA!