• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grilling Season?

For those of you who like foods smoked, a Great place for some good recipes and good folks is the barbequebible.com. I have found some great recipes and tips from the folks on this forum. One of the things I have been put onto from this site is called a fatty. I have included pics of my first. Ground italian sausage stuffed with green peppers,onions, sauerkraut and monterray jack cheese rolled up and wrapped in bacon. Smoked indirectly for about an hour and half to two hours.
cooking005.jpg

Think I did this right.

Pork Chops — Brined, Smoked, Thick, and Juicy

4 thick cut pork chops, bone-in or bone-out

Brine chops in the fridge for 4-8 hours. Rinse the chops if you must but I like to leave the sweet/salty goodness on the meat. I do flick the whole spices off, however, when I don't use a sachet in the brine. Smoke at 225°F or grill/smoke over low heat with applewood to an internal temp of 152-155°F (or to your preference). Rest before serving.

Brine:

1 qt water
½ C kosher salt
½ C brown sugar
1 T whole allspice
2 t whole coriander
2 t crystalized ginger
1 t whole black pepper
6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
Optional: tie spices & herbs in a cheesecloth sachet

Bring water to a boil in a non-reactive saucepan, add salt and brown sugar, and stir until completely dissolved. Add spices and herbs, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add ice to chill and bring the volume up to 2 quarts. Do not remove spices prior to brining.