• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guantanamera Cristales

sigar_zealot

FattyMcButterPants
A friend in Flordia sent me a cardboard box of 5 of these. The upper right corner of the box has the habanos sticker and the lower right has the Replublica De Cuba sticker. The back of the box says

Habanos s.a.

HECHO EN CUBA

Then stamped in:

DB1C252

There is also a large white sticker on the front left bottom of the box saying:

PROTEGE A TU

FAMILIA DEL TABACO.

MINSAP

The thing that worries me the most is they are in plastic tubes and the ends appear to be clipped, punched or unfinished I can't really tell.

From your description these are authentic...but I wouldn't smoke them...not if you value your life. And yes...they do come in plastic tubes. I velieve they are called Cristales because originally the tubes were glass. Guess they should have changed the name along with the packaging.

IIRC, they were a decent "blue collar" smoke years back, not sure what's up with them these days.

I believe all but the "Cristales" were discontinued some time back, but I could be wrong.

I smoked a couple of these some years back. They are machine made and I believe they're still in production. Guantanameras are very light smokes. Give one a try

Thanks guys I really appreciate the response. I am pleasantly surprised to hear they are real.
Since they were a gift I will try smoking them. :D

I had a few of em back in 2003. They had a subtle metallic, bitter, spoiled taste to them. I wasn't a fan.

I had one a while back, and like others said they sound real. Wasn't a bad smoke, but there are other inexpensive smokes that are as good if not better.

The real question here is...who would take the time to counterfeit a cigar that inexpensive? They're real.....

Smoke them and enjoy them... ;)

They are real, but horrible non-the less. YMMV.

My friend got them from a buddy of his, someone I don't know. He did warn me he thought they may be inexpensive.

I will smoke one and see how it goes.:D

Thanks for your responses.