• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Guess The Music Clips" Contest ...

1. Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks
2. Pink Floyd - Marooned
3. Queensryche - I Dream In Infrared
4. Aerosmith - Dream On
5. Warrant - I Saw Red
6. Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand
7. Alice In Chains - Don't Follow
8. Foo Fighters - Everlong
9. Metallica - Suicide and Redemption
10. Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning
11. Ozzy Osbourn - Over the Mountain
12. Pantera - Mouth for War

Just got back in the door to see that flamchop is the winner, excellent work on nailing all of those songs, and to everyone who's contributed, PM me your addy and I'll have a nice 5'er shipped your way! :thumbs:

I might end up doing this again eventually, but with more heavier, darker music I have, next time it won't be easy! :whistling: :laugh:

Congrats again and hope everyone had a blast, because I sure did!

Nick

1. Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks
2. Pink Floyd - Marooned
3. Queensryche - I Dream In Infrared
4. Aerosmith - Dream On
5. Warrant - I Saw Red
6. Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand
7. Alice In Chains - Don't Follow
8. Foo Fighters - Everlong
9. Metallica - Suicide and Redemption
10. Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning
11. Ozzy Osbourn - Over the Mountain
12. Pantera - Mouth for War

Show off! :laugh: Congrats Mike!

Nick, very generous of you.

......and to everyone who's contributed, PM me your addy and I'll have a nice 5'er shipped your way! :thumbs:

Nick

Well done! I should have gotten that Alice in Chains song and the Warrant tune for that matter. Kicking myself.

Generous offer but my measley contribution doesn't count.

Really cool contest. What software did you use to chop up the tracks?

Bill

Good Job Mike and great contest Nick, what a way to hold a contest. That was just cool. :thumbs:

Well done! I should have gotten that Alice in Chains song and the Warrant tune for that matter. Kicking myself.

Generous offer but my measley contribution doesn't count.

Really cool contest. What software did you use to chop up the tracks?

Bill

First I used Winamp to convert all the .mp3's into .wav's, then at first I was going to use Sound Recorder to cut the clip out but it gave me hell and an error msg saying I didn't have enough memory, turns out it's a flaw in XP that if you have more then 2 gigs of RAM installed(I just upgraded to 4), you are unable to use the program, so I ended up using Audacity just to format the clips.

I've been wanting to do a contest for a long time now, but I could never think up an idea which wasn't used/overused already. :thumbs:

Nick

First I used Winamp to convert all the .mp3's into .wav's, then at first I was going to use Sound Recorder to cut the clip out but it gave me hell and an error msg saying I didn't have enough memory, turns out it's a flaw in XP that if you have more then 2 gigs of RAM installed(I just upgraded to 4), you are unable to use the program, so I ended up using Audacity just to format the clips.

I've been wanting to do a contest for a long time now, but I could never think up an idea which wasn't used/overused already. :thumbs:

Nick

Wow. That's the craziest thing I've heard. Too MUCH memory... :rolleyes: Crazy computers.

Audacity, eh? I'll look into it. Have a PC desktop and now a Macbook Pro.

My big project I need to eventually get to is convert a bunch of live shows on cassette and bring them into digital. Can't even begin to imagine how much work that's going to be. Wav vs Flac? Ugh. First I need to find a good quality cassette deck then get an input for my computer then cut up the songs, etc. Let alone the time to do it all. I'm dreading it for sure. But I keep thinking how those tapes are getting worse and worse every year.