• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guinness Extra Stout - Great Recipe

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a really good recipe I came up with. I heard about doing this, but could never find a recipe, so I made my own.

You'll need an authentic beer mug, right out of the freezer so it's nice and frosty.

First, pour Guinness Extra Stout into the mug. Pour slowly so there is no or little head. Next, add some REAL cream. It has to be the real stuff, no non-dairy cream... Up to you how much to add; make it as creamy as you like. Give it a quick stir, and drink. Personally, I REALLY like the taste. Definately one of my favorites.

To give it a little extra boost, add a pinch of brown sugar.

Let me know what you think.

I've been away from CP for a while and when I return, I find THIS atrocity! I saw "Guinness recipe" and thought it was going to be an ingredient in a food recipe. Cream and Beer? It was all I could do to keep from hurling on my keyboard. Yak! Maybe it goes together with some frou-frou flavored cigar, but I like my beer and cigars "puro." And save the cream for the coffee.

Well I thought it was good. :D :sign:

I love a good Guinness stout, but it's only good at the bar! I may try his Rod, sounds mighty interesting!

They can it now with this little plastic thing in there that really makes it creamy! Something about it puts more air into the glass when it's poured or something....

If you want something really creamy, try a Boddington's,,, I highly recommend it!

Cheers!

I love your avatar Leebo. :)

Boddington's is one of my favorite beers, and it is really creamy! I really like that one.

Actually, mix the guiness with some Sweetened Condensed Milk instead. I heard that tastes much better.

Rod :thumbs:

Cool deal, Rod.....I'll definately try that soon.

That avatar is pretty funny looking. I'm a big Kramer fan. I actually look like that when I wake up in the morning!

LMAO!!

Leebo :sign:

Leebo, I'm a BIG Seinfeld fan myself. Favorite character is Kramer. There's a poster size picture of your avatar. Next time I see it, I'm buying it.

Dawn, let me know what you think of the drink. Be sure to use sweetend condensed milk. I heard that's best.

Rod

Cool Rod! Did you ever see the episode where Kramer had all of these guys in his apartment smoking cigars? He got a good deal on a bunch of them and the whole building stunk of cigars!

Very funny episode, right up there with the soup natzi!

It's a shame there's only re-runs now!

Leebo

Ewwww....yuck. The only creme that will grace my beautiful pint of Guiness is Baileys. And then only if it is in an Irish Car Bomb. Wow, and I was just starting to think you were a decent guy Rod. J/K lol... :p

Emo

i agree with emo, guiness is great, and the car bombs rock also, but i would be willing to give the cream a try if i had it, sounds like a nice pairing with a medium to full bodied smoke

nick

(1) I always keep some Guinness in the fridge in the "draft" cans.

(2) Guinness has a neat website. I've ordered merchandise directly from Ireland: a black baseball cap and a black Guinness golf bag towel. The merchandise arrives quickly and is really cool. Lots of Guinness stuff on eBay too!

(3) There are home made "Baileys" recipes on several Irish recipe sites on the Internet. I've made it from scratch and it is BETTER than the item from the ABC store. It's easy! Yum.

(4) I never got into Seinfeld until their last year...so it was a treat seeing shows when they were rerun. I was seeing 90% of them for the very first time - what a treat. Wonderful show.

(5) Speaking of Kramer and cigars, does anyone remember the episode where Kramer asks a friend to bring him back some "Cubans" and the guy comes back with three guys dressed in green "Castro" military fatigues. Kramer is excited until he finds out that the guys are from Nicarauga or Columbia or somewhere like that. He said, "Jerry, he brought me back FAKE Cubans!!!" Man, that was a funny cigar take off!

guiness stout is my fav. but i'm not sure abou the cream thing.
my favorite pairing is guiness stout and an ashton maduro....mmmmmmmm!!!

but i will give it a try.
i don.t think the guiness in the cans is stout i think it's drauhgt.
doesn't seem as rich and creamy.

Guinness is my favorite beer/draught but I don't believe I would enjoy it as much with cream in it.

I love Guinness :love:
If you ever have the opportunity to visit Dublin, a tour of the brewery is preatty cool. The best thing is the free pint they give you on the top floor, which is a round glass observation deck that overlooks Dublin. Man now I'm thristy!! lol

Emo, I had a bartender tell me about the Irish Car bomb. It sounded so good I went right home and made one.....

I couldn't bring myself to drink it. As soon as the Baily's hit the beer it immediately curdled and looked so foul I was sure the guy was f'in with me.

You are saying it is good?

That's odd...I've probably served up over 1000 Irish Car Bombs back in my bartending years...and never saw the Baileys curdle? How'd that guy tell you to make it?

Well...it's actually a shot glass half full with Baileys and half full with Jameson. Maybe since there's less Baileys in the recipe I used...it never curdled....Ahhh...who knows? :D