• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guitar?

EC is on The Mothers "We're Only In It For The Money" (goofin' on his nickname) saying "God, it's God, I say God." , among other pronouncements... but I don't think he's the one firin' up, if you ax me. ;)
But then, you ain't axin' me.

Our resident guitar "god" uses the screename 57Strat. More guitars leaning against his couch, than at most guitar stores. LMAO!

i've played for 10 years. i have an epiphone goth v:
B0002D0942.01-A14L2MX88GSRVI._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
with emg hz pickups. i have a crate 100w tube amp with a 4 x 12 behringer cab. i have a crappy ibanez acoustic, and 72 tiesco del ray that looks like this one:
69_et-440.jpg
i play music from pantera to incubus

Matt R said:
Our resident guitar "god" uses the screename 57Strat. More guitars leaning against his couch, than at most guitar stores. LMAO!
[snapback]240273[/snapback]​

Darn you Matt! now your teasing us :laugh:

:cool:

NorCalCigarLover said:
Matt R said:

[snapback]240392[/snapback]​

To test your search function prowess, he was the first member here to bomb me...

Great guy :thumbs:

I just stopped playing out few years back.

My current collection:

1958 Les Paul Historic (Burst). Timbuckers installed. :love:
1972 Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top.
1999 American Tele with Kinamn pickups.
2001 American Strat
Martin d-15
Yamaha BB3000 - Bass form the 80's.

Amps, Marshall JCM800, and Ampeg SVT.

AaronFromPA said:
A 57 Strat is a cherry guitar that I wish I could be in the presence of let alone own. I do have one vintage strat which you can see here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~aharrier/In_Case.JPG
http://users.adelphia.net/~aharrier/Neck.JPG
http://users.adelphia.net/~aharrier/BodyRoutes.JPG

They are rather big pics so I did not want to throw them up here.

It is a 73 strat and plays awesome. Curretnly I am looking for tuning keys for it since one is broke.
[snapback]240449[/snapback]​

Nice! It ain't always the pretty ones that sound the best, eh Aaron?
TabsGuitarHome_op_800x600-vi.jpg

Oh no doubt man nothing plays like the real deal. Best thing is I snatched my 73 for $200 from a guy I work with. He had no need for it so what the hell. I am almost 100% sure the PUPs in this thing are not the originals which sticnks but the thing plays hot. I am gussing whomever replaced them was an SRV fan which is great because I am too. I do wish it had a maple finger board but ah well :).

Nice Thinine BTW I always wanted to try one of those out.

I've been playing since college (about 8 years). I took a few years of lessons for musical theory, etc. After my lessons, I've mostly switched to collecting... Atleast that's what my wife thinks.

My Collection:
'04 Les Paul Std Honey Burst w/ Timbuckers (waited almost 2 years for these!!
'96 Am. Std Strat
'02 Les Paul Jr.
Martin DM

'68 Deluxe Reverb
Fender Deluxe Clone (built from kit)
AX84 HiOctane
Fender Reverb unit (currently building)

My interest has really moved into amp building lately. It's a cheap way to get an all tube point-to-point amp. Plus, you learn a heck of alot.

mm

Great King Rat said:
martinman, how do you like the Timbuckers, I love mine.

I got mine a year ago. Wait list 14 months.
[snapback]240556[/snapback]​

I think they're great pickups. IMO *the* best PAF replica - and, they're pricepoint is great. I actually had 2 sets - one EdA wind (a little darker sounding) and then the standard set. Both were great, but I ended up selling the EdA's because I didn't have a guitar to put them in. I couldn't let them sit in a drawer until my next acquisition... They're just too good.

It's easy to support Tim and his business - he's a great guy.

These pickups are all the rage at www.lespaulforum.com. Everyone over there is convinced.

Yep. Tim is a stand up guy. I wonder why he does not just quit his day job and make pickups.

So sad you sold the set. I think they will become classics. They are fetching around $500 for set on ebay these days. I think they are worth it if you do not want to wait 2 years to get a set.

I have mine in my R8. I opted for double creams. I also changed pots to CTS Audio Taper and DMC BB caps.

I use to visit LPForum. I hardly go there now.

used to play bass in a "garage band"
all i have left are a pair of acoustics,one bass one 6 string.

PTownshend said:
At one time (when I was actively playing) I had a wall of guitars. I still have my favorites:

1973 Gibson SG
1989 Electra Phoenix
Rickenbacker bass (forget the model number).

Darren
[snapback]239619[/snapback]​

if the rick in question is an older one like the one geddy lee of rush(my fav. band) plays/played then its a 4000R, black with the pearl inlay :love:

post a pic of it if you can, that was always my "dream" bass :thumbs:

Everyone keeps asking Tim why he doesn't quit his day job -- Personally, I don't think that he enjoys winding pickups. It has to be a very grueling job to do even a few a week. I think that he should raise his prices and make it worth his while.

About ebay -- I sold mine on there for $500. I think Tim should charge at least $300/per pup. I'd certainly pay that.

Both of my sets were reverse zebra - they look killer in my honeyburst. I also removed the pickguard -- i thought it detracted from the look. What I *really* want though is a '56 reissue goldtop w/ p-90's. Just a classic look IMO.

Eshaw99 said:
NorCalCigarLover said:
Matt R said:

[snapback]240392[/snapback]​

To test your search function prowess, he was the first member here to bomb me...

Great guy :thumbs:
[snapback]240425[/snapback]​

ding, ding, ding ....

I have about seventy-five guitars in my collection and have been playing for over thirty-five years.

damn I'm good :laugh:

75 that he'll admit to... LMAO!!